Chiang Mai TV BBQ - Friday 9th May 2008

george

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone for their participation at the best party to date.

The final count was 131 members and guests.

Please start bugging Chas to schedule the next one!

A good time was had by all, I think. Thanks to alll those involved in organising it. As regards to the next party, the sooner the better. In the meantime, what about making Tuskers the place for a weekly TV get together. It would be nice to know that you could turn up on a fixed night of the week and see some familiar faces. Maybe that is already the case, but if not ... why not Fridays?

Please start bugging Chas to schedule the next one!

Chas, c'mon, schedule the next one. C'mon, c'mon. Schedule it already. Now. Do it now. Hello? Hello? Chas? C'mon, schedule the next one.

The ribs and chicken are available all week but on special every Tuesday for the 249baht all you can eat meal deal. The special atmosphere that is Tuskers is there all the time. Add it together and that makes it a good place to be.

CB

Best beans I ever had

(CB bribed me to say this)

Just don't say it to Buckwheat - he hates my baked beans - not sweet enough and too spicy.

Is one allowed to say here that Buckwheat is out of his mind?

Best beans I ever had

Just don't say it to Buckwheat - he hates my baked beans - not sweet enough and too spicy.

You never asked for permission before....

Best beans I ever had

you can say whatever you want as long as you got the paperwork to support it :D

edit: took out some crap i wrote earlier :o

Edited by tigerbeer

You never asked for permission before....

True enough. My asking this time reflects, perhaps, the deeper respect -- or possibly simple fear -- that I now have for you.

Thanks to everyone for a great night.

I was happy to notice that my body still works reasonably well on auto pilot, but all the same it is mildly disconcerting that the last proper memory I have of the night is the second tequila shot I took as the crowd was thinning out. I hope I enjoyed the burger I had at Mike's afterwards...

To all of you who made it possible for a lazy arse like me to just relax and get far too drunk for my own good - George, Buckwheat, Chas and Rachel with staff, Crowboy, McGriffith... Good on you! :o

Great to see old friends, and equally great to meet new ones.

And a special thanks to Blinky for top notch entertainment... :D

Was she the stunning blond girl at the bar (Nienke+1?)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!

I saw her sitting alone for a bit of time. I figured why should a beautiful woman like her not be talking to someone (like me), so I plotted down next to her and we chatted for quite some time. If I was just 10 years younger, or better yet, 20 years younger.

If you meet me at Tusker's with a banana (the fruit of course) in your hand and a 1000 baht note in your mouth, I might give you her name. :o

Great party and great food!

I guess I should have read the posts that followed yours. The secret is out.

Hi Daphné, I enjoyed our chat. And definitely, best of luck here in CM.

I saw her sitting alone for a bit of time. I figured why should a beautiful woman like her not be talking to someone (like me), so I plotted down next to her and we chatted for quite some time. If I was just 10 years younger, or better yet, 20 years younger.

I am beginning to think I must have suddenly gotten much older than I thought, so old that I am evidently incapable of even noticing stunning blond beautiful women sitting at bars. :D Probably some kind of psychological mechanism for self-protection, to reduce stress, frustration, a sense of inferiority, what have you. :o

I am beginning to think I must have suddenly gotten much older than I thought, so old that I am evidently incapable of even noticing stunning blond beautiful women sitting at bars. :D Probably some kind of psychological mechanism for self-protection, to reduce stress, frustration, a sense of inferiority, what have you. :D

Then you are obviously older than I am :o

/ Priceless

Probably hibernation is the only thing left for you Rass :o

What? No grim reaper in your vision of life? :D

I can hear a psychopomp knocking at your frontdoor. You should open :D

I am not overly fond of psychopomposity. A simple derassination will do me just fine -- in good time, of course. :D

. A simple derassination will do me just fine -- in good time, of course. :o

A timely death makes a grateful dead. :D

:D In general, perhaps, but in this case it is more likely to make for grateful living survivors.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gang,

This is a MUCH belated Thanks for the TV party in CM. We ended up adding about 2 1/2 weeks of extra travel to the end of our Northern sojourn and had limited internet time.

Each and every TV party is excellent and different.

We broke out into face splitting grins as we saw George and Buckwheat. We did not stop grinning. Beer Lao greased the smile apparatus, but the people made it happen.

The food was great and we loved meeting some new TV'ers.

Thanks to all for a great night out and a great reason (again) to travel.

kdf and she who runs with scissors

Hello Gang,

This is a MUCH belated Thanks for the TV party in CM. We ended up adding about 2 1/2 weeks of extra travel to the end of our Northern sojourn and had limited internet time.

Each and every TV party is excellent and different.

We broke out into face splitting grins as we saw George and Buckwheat. We did not stop grinning. Beer Lao greased the smile apparatus, but the people made it happen.

The food was great and we loved meeting some new TV'ers.

Thanks to all for a great night out and a great reason (again) to travel.

kdf and she who runs with scissors

Hi KDF and the one with scissors aka Boo.

I felt like a bit of a dill when I PM'd the Moderator Boo thinking she was your spouse to say it was nice to have met her and you at the Piss-up, she replied stating that I must have been mistaken as she was in the UK.

Anyway, it was nice to have met you and Boo too at the do, true.

Edited by Blinky Bill

Glad to hear you enjoyed your northern sojourn!

'Twas a pleasure meeting you both, and you all come back sometime, ya hear?

We can get into a deeper philosophic discussion of the Digger Indians, Victorian homes in San Fran, and the 60's in the Bay Area (what little we can still remember)..... :o