Chiang Mai TV BBQ - Friday 9th May 2008

george

PARTY MOVED TO FRIDAY MAY 9!

We have today been informed by the Chiang Mai Police department that we will not be allowed to have our party on Saturday May 10, due to a late announced election in Chaing Mai on Sunday.

We have been forced to move the party to Friday May 9 instead.

Many of you need to change your travel plans due to this law enforcement. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may course, as we only was given 6 days notice.

See you on Friday 9th at 7pm.

/Tuskers and Thaivisa Admin

--------------------------------------------------

partytime2.gifYou are cordially invited to yet another Thaivisa BBQ party to be held at the official Chiang Mai home of Thaivisa,

Tuskers Bar

Chaiaphum Soi 1, Chiang Mai

NEW DATE: The festivities will begin at 7pm on Friday, 9 May 2008 at Tuskers

All Thaivisa members plus 1 guest are cordially invited and there are no signups required to attend, only the following pre-requisites apply;

1) Only Thaivisa members with 5 or more posts effective today, 10 March 2008

will be permitted to attend. Anyone joining after today cannot be accomodated.

2) There will be laptop computers set up at the entrance and each member will simply need to log in successfully to Thaivisa. Upon successful log-in, a name tag will be issued on the spot and you are then free to meet and greet the "faces behind the avatars" as well as enjoy free Tuskers world famous BBQ ribs and chicken with side salads and of course, beer courtesy of Tuskers and Thaivisa.

We have acquired some extra tables. Kids are welcome until 8pm only.

Feel free to post on this thread and keep it active!

We anticipate the largest turnout of any Thaivisa party to date, so come out and meet your fellow members and staff.

Directions for taxi drivers here

Need a hotel in Chiang Mai, click here!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last few month , i had plan the date base on 10th not sure now if i can make it . Will try , anyway i will be in chiangmai for sure . For you info 9th is a holiday for thai also . You sure beer can be sold ?

I am presently trying to change my flights from Khartoum to Dubai (done) to Bangkok (pending) to Chiang Mai (done) and accommodation in Dubai (pending) and telling the company that I am leaving this shithole a day early.

The party had better be worth it.

I am presently trying to change my flights from Khartoum to Dubai (done) to Bangkok (pending) to Chiang Mai (done) and accommodation in Dubai (pending) and telling the company that I am leaving this shithole a day early.

The party had better be worth it.

I can assure you that it will be, for me, if you make it. :o

When is the next one after that?

Roughly

I'd be interested to know the same. My wife and I are not in Thailand yet, but should be soon. Just wondered how often you arrange these parties. We won't make this one but would love to be there for the next.

All the best

Dixie

That would be a great place to celebrate my Birthday but I wont be there anyway, not sure if I even have 5 posts as I only check the e-mail alerts to keep up on what is going on over there.

I will however be celebrating in Osaka, Japan.

Even better for me...

Look for the limping guy carrying a bottle of Jager..

I'll pour ya a shot and we'll bow to Thaksin, King of Man City... :o

too bad i cant make it - but i sure would take that shot without a blink :D

have a great time guys!

maybe take a pic of the group and post it on the forum? so those who cant come (like me...) can get a glimpse of all of you?

and those who cant come can send a picture during the party, if that is ok with them...

yes, meeting people in real time would definitely be a great opportunity...

cheers from here........

:o:D :D

Brilliant ! At least for one (plus Guest!) this is providence at work. Today work plans came up that would have me out of town Sat pm thru Sun pm; I was gonna miss the whole thing...was bummed out all day. Now I'm back in. Thank you powers that be! I hope alot of the out-of-towners will arrive in time Fri to make it too!

Edited by realthaideal

When is the next one after that?

Roughly

I'd be interested to know the same. My wife and I are not in Thailand yet, but should be soon. Just wondered how often you arrange these parties. We won't make this one but would love to be there for the next.

All the best

Dixie

One in Suriin, a way over in Issan next month, 14 of June I believe....

PARTY MOVED TO FRIDAY MAY 9!

We have today been informed by the Chiang Mai Police department that we will not be allowed to have our party on Saturday May 10, due to a late announced election in Chaing Mai on Sunday.

We have been forced to move the party to Friday May 9 instead.

Many of you need to change your travel plans due to this law enforcement. We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience this may course, as we only was given 6 days notice.

See you on Friday 9th at 7pm.

/Tuskers and Thaivisa Admin

yes would love to come but 5 posts? sorry not up to the year 2000..do you mean posts as in answers or new topics. Not gunner come with my family pay for the accomadation then be chucked out before i get in!! :o sorry not pc

--------------------------------------------------

partytime2.gifYou are cordially invited to yet another Thaivisa BBQ party to be held at the official Chiang Mai home of Thaivisa,

Tuskers Bar

Chaiaphum Soi 1, Chiang Mai

NEW DATE: The festivities will begin at 7pm on Friday, 9 May 2008 at Tuskers

All Thaivisa members plus 1 guest are cordially invited and there are no signups required to attend, only the following pre-requisites apply;

1) Only Thaivisa members with 5 or more posts effective today, 10 March 2008

will be permitted to attend. Anyone joining after today cannot be accomodated.

2) There will be laptop computers set up at the entrance and each member will simply need to log in successfully to Thaivisa. Upon successful log-in, a name tag will be issued on the spot and you are then free to meet and greet the "faces behind the avatars" as well as enjoy free Tuskers world famous BBQ ribs and chicken with side salads and of course, beer courtesy of Tuskers and Thaivisa.

We have acquired some extra tables. Kids are welcome until 8pm only.

Feel free to post on this thread and keep it active!

We anticipate the largest turnout of any Thaivisa party to date, so come out and meet your fellow members and staff.

Directions for taxi drivers here

Need a hotel in Chiang Mai, click here!

oh my.... well need some re-planning but its doable so see u guys this Friday instead... Friday is public holiday btw.. so they sell beer or is this Thaivisa meeting without alcohol?