Thailand's Prime Minister Speaks

bingobongo

Extract from interview....

You just met with Burmese Prime Minister Thein Sein.

What is your understanding of the continuing detention of democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi?

When I met [burma's leaders], they are normal people.

The [burmese] military explains that they will release her if she [agrees to] stay away from politics.

They hate each other.

Right or not, I cannot [say.] If world [leaders] want me to talk to the Burmese and ask them to release Aung San Suu Kyi, I will do it. But as Prime Minister of Thailand, I cannot mention that

Because the [Thai] Ministry of Foreign Affairs has said one, two, three four, which I must do. (like as in over a barrel-Boss)

But I believe the military is ready to release her.

It's so easy, it doesn't harm anything. No torture, just [the condition] that she must be out of politics.

But she is the democratically elected Prime Minister of the poxy place...right......like you are Khun Samak...and Gordon Brown..and Mr Bush...and.....the rest of the civilised world...sir....

He claimed in the interview that he was a well-trained politician, having been in eight cabinets and as mayor of Bangkok. Then he uses the excuse that he canceled his press conferences because "I'm like a new driver. I need training to use the right words. To stay away from awkward things, I canceled [the press conferences.] It has helped quite a lot." What grade is he in - Matayom 1?

He claimed in the interview that he was a well-trained politician, having been in eight cabinets and as mayor of Bangkok. Then he uses the excuse that he canceled his press conferences because "I'm like a new driver. I need training to use the right words. To stay away from awkward things, I canceled [the press conferences.] It has helped quite a lot." What grade is he in - Matayom 1?

I thought the same thing :o But as he can't handle negative criticism I thought he done a great job. I hope there's many more interviews with the foreign press to follow.... :whistle: