New Skyline

teej

I know board member skyline likes skylines (duh) so I thought I'd post this for him and maybe some other guys who fancy them. Couldn't get a photo of the front, but it looks like a catfish from the front! I do like the white colour, though :o

post-22231-1210078916_thumb.jpg

I'm just guessing, but I'd say the Nissan should come in under 10 million. Maybe 7? 8?

From a dig, GT-R. On the track GT-R. Pretty much anywhere, I'd say the GT-R would beat the M3. I'm not really a fan of the Nissan, and I am a Bimmer fan, but facts are facts and the GT-R is a ridiculously awesome machine. Then again, they aren't really in the same road class, so a comparison isn't quite fair. But Nissan has really made something remarkable, I don't think anybody can doubt that.

I've seen a couple on Ratchadapisek road. Scared the hel_l out of the wife when i saw the first one because I freaked out behind the wheel. I've owned 2 R32's and one 98' R34 GTR. LOVED them to death and i've love to get my hands on this new one. Asked the thailand exotics shop in Huay Khwang and they said around 22 MB for one imported and registered. 22MB and I can buy a good secondhand Supra here and pay the remaining 20 million on the engine alone...

Hey Teej,

Cheers for the pic.Sat in the new GTR a while back at a dealers in Bangna,10 million baht!Actually the price isnt that bad considering that an old R34 GTR comes in around 4-5 million baht in Thailand now.

I do like it,but I think its lost the Skyline appeal.Even though Nissan havent badged it 'Skyline'.

Give me a nice R34 anyday;)

Hey Skyline,

10MB? :o I guess Richard was right on the money with his guess....

And after a bit of curiousity-led research, wowie what a car it is (and yes, i guess Nissan has dropped the "Skyline" name)...

I watched a video where the GT-R just owned Nurburgring. That's a LOT of car for the money. Those guys at Nissan are nuts!!!

Ten million Baht.....just a BIT out of our price range :D Nice looking cars though. For that price, I'd pay off our house and get a used BMW or Volvo with a powerful engine (perhaps with nitrous oxide). The rest of the money would go into savings; or perhaps into gas if the prices keep going up! :o

Hey Guys,

According to a friend in Tokyo who is something to do with the Motor Show organisation there,20 Nissan GTRs were bought by Thai customers alone at last years show!Thats a lot of import tax!

If anyone here has the urge to buy one,there are 4 for sale here in BKK http://www.one2car.com/SearchEngine/searchengine.aspx

And if anyone does buy one,let me know!:o

Hey Guys,

According to a friend in Tokyo who is something to do with the Motor Show organisation there,20 Nissan GTRs were bought by Thai customers alone at last years show!Thats a lot of import tax!

If anyone here has the urge to buy one,there are 4 for sale here in BKK http://www.one2car.com/SearchEngine/searchengine.aspx

And if anyone does buy one,let me know!:o

There are 7 for sale on that site!

http://one2car.com/CarInfor/carresult.aspx...%c1%bb%d508-10)

the new skyline does kill the porsche turbo.

10million yup the same price as the new bmw m3

for sure the skyline would smoke the m3, but then again a 4L v8 for the m3 would sound amazing, with aftermarket exhaust then im sure it would sound better then a 430

Hey Guys,

And if anyone does buy one,let me know!:D

There are 7 for sale on that site!

http://one2car.com/CarInfor/carresult.aspx...%c1%bb%d508-10)

but no price tags :o

anyway, this is my favorite model http://one2car.com/CarInfor/cardetails.asp...81116&row=2

They are all 9-10 million....believe me:D

Actually, to know the real original price of a GT-R at the source market, have a look at how much they are selling in Japan

http://list1.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/20842...egory-leaf.html

and if you want a translated link, click this one

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...;langpair=ja|en

By the way, I stopped by this forum to find out about performance cars/parts forums in Thailand, if anyone can give me a few links/tips, that would be very much appreciated.

Well spotted!

The new 'skyline' is a beast, and a lot of works gone into the new one, that 3.8 engine is a titan!

I just wish they'd of kept the old shape more for the R35 onwards. It looks a bit too similar to an Audi TT somehow...

I know if I had the big bucks, I'd import my R34 GTT in a heartbeat to duel with Skyline :o

Skyline4-Copy.jpg

Edited by JimsKnight

JimsKnight,

Nice GTT mate.Was it in the UK?

My Thai mate has the same GTT here in Bangkok but has been made into a GTR replica.The body has been re-fabricated so its now about 6" wider than stock.

Heres a pic at the Motor Show:

post-18253-1210242167_thumb.jpg

The new model is a lovely looking car from the back, but (in my opinion) it's butt ugly from the front - the picture on post 7 looks like something Robocop would drive!!!

Edited by JonnyF

Yeah, photo taken in the UK.

It's got a few mods, mostly standard as I use it for work! :o

Nice conversion! That rear spoiler looks mint!

Here's a better photo as that earlier one was taken straight after a motorway blast

After the polish... :D

Skyline3quartAP.jpg

Edited by JimsKnight

• 3 weeks later...

I love skylines, I used to go to penrith in Sydney with my mates GTR R32, will he owned it. Used too kick the V8 COmmodores to pieces.

The R35 is one a perfect peice of of metal. It has boot space like a real car and tears any car apart.

After more road tests the R35 does 0-100 in 3.2 seconds and qtr mile in 11.1 seconds. Thats crazy for a stock standard car.

The news is the V-spec version is coming out, it will be lighter and even quicker. It looks so good in Black and red.

Skylines are the best cars you can get.

i've taken a ride in the new GT-R about a month ago in singapore, belonged to a friend of mine who paid 250k sg dollars and bought it off a parallel importer. i think 10mb is about right for thailand. i have to say it was an awesome experience, like entering the belly of a beast, but the car felt very very long and not as compact as i expected, the pace is blinding although we didnt get anywhere near a blip of its enormous power going through city roads. i believe its capable of 3.3 seconds, which is faster than a porsche GT3. the onboard computer speaks japanese for the version he got, but the display is really cool, it even breaks down graphically and in real time the braking force, the positive, lateral and negative g's, each turbo's boost, in fact every minute stat you would and wouldn't need. when you drive it like a normal car at road legal speeds it just murmers and keeps shifting down to avoid stalling, which makes for a constant click-clack mechanical sound going on in the background. this is really a track day car and no matter what the media says its feels somewhat awkward on normal roads. it is an awesome beast to behold and giong through singapore streets (a country with no shortage of ferraris and lambos) its interesting that its the guys who turn to look, while the girls look somewhat more confused at its audacity.