Where Are You From?

jstumbo

Country of origin? Please vote in both sections, choose not on this list for the section that doesn't apply  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poll doesn't seem to work.

The way it is set up you have to make a choice in each section or else it considers it incomplete. Guess the only thing to do is if checking in the top section to select 'other' in the bottom section though it will skew the totals.

Yes, sorry about that. Only can have 20 answers, so I tried to spread it into two. Just select the country in the appropriate one and then either "Other" or "Not on this list" for the other question. Don't know if a Mod can change the last answer from "Other" to "Not on this list"

I tried to vote but all I get is : You've already voted for this poll

But I tried only one time and it failed !

Im Norwegian , so please let me vote !!!! :o

Yes, sorry about that. Only can have 20 answers, so I tried to spread it into two. Just select the country in the appropriate one and then either "Other" or "Not on this list" for the other question. Don't know if a Mod can change the last answer from "Other" to "Not on this list"

I'm from Santiago, Chile. I didn't vote for Central/South America because I think they are quite different. So, at least it should be divided by South, Central, North.... I just choose "other".

I'm from Santiago, Chile. I didn't vote for Central/South America because I think they are quite different. So, at least it should be divided by South, Central, North.... I just choose "other".

Maybe you are being a tad too sensitive?

I don't think many votes were expected from non-English speaking countries, Scandanavians excepted.

Same here it will not let me vote, i keep getting a error . I am from the uk .I would of thought most was from the uk , though looking at the poll, it seems most are from the usa .

Strange as most the visa stuff i see are from folks from the uk asking about visa .

Edited by deon

Americans have no problem voting twice, thus the results. I think it is common knowledge that there are more British expats in Thailand than Americans. However, probably most of the traffic for thaivisa is from people living in the US.

I think it is common knowledge that there are more British expats in Thailand than Americans. However, probably most of the traffic for thaivisa is from people living in the US.

:o Really...and what makes you say so ?

PS: I don't think this poll is going to work and makes no sense as well.

It makes more sense to study:

INTERNATIONAL TOURIST ARRIVALS TO THAILAND BY COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE

JANUARY - DECEMBER 2007

East Asia>>>>>>>7.981.205 = 55,18% of total

Europe>>>>>>>>3.689.770 = 25,51% of total (UK 746.000=5,16% with a population of ca. 60 million)***

The Americas>>>>>817.564 = 5,65% of total (US is 623.000=4,31% with a population of ca. 300 million) more than 70% of Americans have no passport ! outbound tourism declining; in 2006 it were 640.000) ***

South Asia>>>>>>>685.574 = 4,74% of total

Oceania>>>>>>>>>731.283 = 5,06% of total (AUS 638.000=4,41% & NZ 90,000=0,62%; AUS with 20.6 million/NZ with 4,2 million people) ***

Middle East>>>>>>>453.891 = 3,14% of total

Africa>>>>>>>>>><104.941 = 0,73% of total

Grand Total>>>>14.464.228 - 100,00%

Source of Data: Immigration Bureau, Police Department

Concluding:

East Asia + South Asia + Middle East make up 63.06% of Total Thai incoming Tourism; add Oceania and Africa and it's almost 70% of the total.

(White) Farang will become less and less important for incoming Thai tourism in the future.

Thaivisa is more focused on (English reading/speaking/writing) Farang rather than the Asian expat and/or tourist.

*** These countries are mentioned because they are major native English speaking countries. However, these countries total not more than 380-400 million together, Ireland included... :D ; In comparison: Europe as a whole consists of more than 700 million people and even if one would deduct large countries as Russia & Ukraine we still talk more than 500 million people.

Still 'nothing' in comparison with Asia though.

Thailand will become more and more a destination for Asians; 'we' will be in the minority BY FAR !

LaoPo

Im surprised there are almost as many American tourists as Brits, as id meet 10 Brits to 1 yank at a guess, maybe they dont go to the low life places i like to frequent.

Brits are more sociable and out going. Yanks think that everybody wants to kill them, and they're probably right, so they keep quiet. Why advertise yourself as a target.

Edited by coventry

I'm originally from Dundee, Scotland and came to Thailand via London, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Dubai, Switzerland, London - again, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia - again, Dubai - again and have been here since November 2002.

Someone had mentioned in a post that people in from the UK were a small minority on TV. It seems like there are quite a few to me from the UK, so I thought a poll was in order.

I voted UK it refused to accept so I voted 'other' it was accepted. One thing I've realised in taking part in this poll is, I have to get a life. If nothing else the poll will show how many sad people there are out there.

Sure the Brits, Germans and Americans are the more visible farang tourists here but its quite surprising to see in those stats so many diggers (more than US nationals) able to afford these trips in such high numbers (blame it on little Johnnie and the far too low OZ airport tax). I seldom come across them maybe because I don't frequent squalid, cheapo drinking dens.

Recently I have noticed, here in Isaan, a large number of Swiss living/visiting and settling down, wonder why

Recently I have noticed, here in Isaan, a large number of Swiss living/visiting and settling down, wonder why

I thought there was a village in Isaan that had a very large number of women that had married men from Switzerland. Maybe some of them are living in Isaan instead of Switzerland.