Middle Names

rhino533

My wife (She's Thai) and I are planning to have kids sometime soon. My kids will be born in Thailand. Does anyone know if Thailand allows people to have middle names? I would really like my kids to have a middle name but have heard many mixed stories about this, some say they do, some say they don't. Does anyone know the correct answer??? Thanks.

My wife (She's Thai) and I are planning to have kids sometime soon. My kids will be born in Thailand. Does anyone know if Thailand allows people to have middle names? I would really like my kids to have a middle name but have heard many mixed stories about this, some say they do, some say they don't. Does anyone know the correct answer??? Thanks.

Why don't you ask your wife? :o

my half thai son has a middle name, the only issue you may have is explaining what the middle name is about at the amphur but we got his thai bc & PP at the thai embassy in london & they had no problem. The woman at immigration in BKK when we arrived in March had to call her supervisor over as she didn't understand that his surname was different to the one on the ticket (she assumed his middle name was part of a double barrelled surname) Hubby explained it was a second name & all was well. :o

Both my half blood kids have middle names. I have found the problem to be that there is no place on Thai forms for a middle name, so many people do not know what to do with it. Some Thais will add it to the first name, and some will add it to the surname. When you have different people doing different forms, they can get it pretty mixed up unless you tell them. We just make sure that whoever is doing a specific form adds the middle name to the first name.....with a space.