Which Gprs Settings Do You Use With Your Pda

srs

I have a PDA with Windows Mobile 5 and I always have problems with checking emails and using IE on a GPRS connection.

Wat are your WORKING GPRS settings?

I have a DTAC Happy card and a 1-2-Call card (so both prepaid although I do not know if that causes any problem).

I have problems with both, though with DTAC I can hardly check my emails.

Error message: Cannot connect to the incoming mail server. My settings are correct. Using the 1-2-Call card in the same phone works but often it takes about a minute or two to get over the "Connecting" status to the "Logging on" status in Mobile Outlook.

I tested the DTAC card in an older PDA with Windows 2003 SE. Everything works fine.

So I again used the new PDA and did not use "Auto configuration" but instead manually set up an GPRS connection with the data provided by DTAC. Again it is not working.

With 1-2-Call the auto configuration tool on Windows Mobile sets up 3 different GPRS connections (Internet, WAP, Proxy).

I had problems using the "Internet" settings so I tried "WAP" which was a little better. Most times I can check my emails (even if it takes a long time).

But then again I have to disconnect and reconnect with the "AIS GPRS Internet" connection in order to use the internet browser.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

Did anybody of you have the same problems and know a solution?

Or could you please post your working GPRS settings for either DTAC or 1-2-Call.

Also which GPRS authentication method do you use? PAP or CHAP?

And which slot? Class 8 or 10?

Thanks a lot

I use the standard settings as created by the auto configuration tool, but did change the DNS servers to the opendns servers.

Both Dtac and AIS seem to have problems every so often with their DNS servers!

OpenDNS: 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220