Good Real Estate Agent For Chiang Rai

flamingtodd

The only reliable one is: {snipped per forum rules; PM member for info}

Thai and English with many houses etc. The Guys name is Jeff.

Telephone number on web site

Good Hunting

Nok

Edited by mcgriffith
URL removed per forum rules- McG

There a more reliable real estate agents:

Funny .. I went to the website you provide the link to. I couldn't find any land or house for sale other than their own project, of course.

Am I misunderstanding the function of an "Estate Agent"?

Hello,

Can anyone pass on to me a good real estate place, with a web address?

I would like rental houses and land for sale.

I am looking to buy land in the hills and or mountians away from town.

Thanks very much.

I agree lannarealty are the best, rest are useless and one or two cowboys who don't even have a website because they don't have a workpermit and con people by taking money of people by showing them houses around Chiang Rai

Try putting a www. in front and a .com behind and you should get something positive.

Hello,

Thanks very much.

Very dependable guy deals in Land and house....friends of mine bought several times from him....Name is Tom...speaks English very well....0890561093 or....0897085315...tell him Khun Seri from Samui refers you to him.....has lots of land for sale in the hills and directly dealings with owners.......

Success....

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

Thanks very much.

If youve got time and you know someone that speaks thai , its worth having a good look around yourself, youll see lots of signs with houses for rent and land for sale theres plenty around, Id stay clear of the Real Estate agent , youll get a better deal going direct.

Hello,

Thanks very much.

If youve got time and you know someone that speaks thai , its worth having a good look around yourself, youll see lots of signs with houses for rent and land for sale theres plenty around, Id stay clear of the Real Estate agent , youll get a better deal going direct.

I would agree except to say, "[a Thai will] get a better deal .." A farang on his own or in company of a Thai stands a good chance of getting .. um .. a less than optimum bargain.

Don't go with the Thai. When you want to look at the land, do so very discretely .. different vehicle .. or after a Thai has a verbal commitment on the price.

Good point and good advice Kilkster,

a farang face does tend to nudge the price up. also it might be worth checking out what land the banks have available, you often see land repos as well as other property, and some not all are at pretty good prices, If you take your time I sure youll get what your looking for, without envolving agents. Best of luck.

Waiting in line at the bank we often see listings for houses that I assume were repossessed. The wife and I think some of them look overpriced but it is hard to say without an inspection. Bargaining might be possible as well. Buying a finish house, you would at least know what you are getting. Building your own is a full time job until it is done.

As usual the poster of the now deleted post is talking *****, a work permit is required for real estate business or re-agent and though the poster

tries to get around this by advertising free on thaivisa, he is still breaking the law.

Even by taking people around Chiang Rai looking at properties, for a nominal fee, he is still breaking the law.

Beware of farang offering to show you around.

The Working of Aliens Act B.E. 2521 Effective from July 22, 1978

Purpose:

1.To reserve the occupations for Thai people;

2.To control the working of aliens in Thailand; and

3. To promote the investment and employment in the country.

“Alien” means a natural person who is not of Thai nationality.

"Work” means to engage in work by exerting energy or using knowledge whether or not in consideration of wages or other benefits.

Edited by Domyamkung

Waiting in line at the bank we often see listings for houses that I assume were repossessed. The wife and I think some of them look overpriced but it is hard to say without an inspection. Bargaining might be possible as well. Buying a finish house, you would at least know what you are getting. Building your own is a full time job until it is done.

It sort of stands to reason that they would be expensive .. probably been foreclosed. Back interest and payments have been added on as well.

I've heard that some degree of discounting can be negotiated, but Thai banks are not known for letting go of all that hard earned Bt. :o

Also, I would guess that bankers take care of big investors / buddies by alerting them to any hot deals before the advertising gets too public.

Purpose:

Something that always intrigues me, how does this effect you working on your own property, maintainance, painting, gardening etc??

Edited by Tafia

I resent having my previous post deleted. If someone doesn't agree with my assertions, fine, they can assert their own ideas.

If there are any real laws governing who can show land and/or any checking on such things, it may happen in southern touristy towns (though doubtful) . I doubt it has ever happened in C.Rai.

I doubt any farang or Thai real estate person has ever been formerly asked by a gov't official to show certification for showing other people land for sale. there was an article in the Bkk Post recently that broached the idea that real estate agents should be certified in some manner - it was unresolved and is still being debated. Even if some law were to get enacted, it will likely be as flimsy as thousands of other such laws in thailand - that are either non-enforced or very selctively enforced. Case in point: the nominee rule for foreign ownership of businesses. It was a sleeper until months after the imbroglio with Thaksin/Temasak popped up - and even now that 'law' it's shrouded in subjectivity and confusion.

As for breaking the law - if you want to be stickler about everything, it can get ridiculous.

Here are some law-breaking things that that happen tens of thousands of times every hour in Chiang Rai:

>.. Not stopping at a zebra crossings

. businesses not paying taxes

> going thru red traffic lights

> not wearing seat belts, not wearing helmets

> driving on the wrong side of the road. ...the list could go on for pages.

Also, I didn't mention any names, phone numbers or URL's regarding real estate agents - whereas other posters did specifically plug others (and themselves) - isn't that a no-no on T.Visa? It appears the C.Rai forum is monitored very subjectively.

I resent having my previous post deleted. If someone doesn't agree with my assertions, fine, they can assert their own ideas.

If there are any real laws governing who can show land and/or any checking on such things, it may happen in southern touristy towns (though doubtful) . I doubt it has ever happened in C.Rai.

I doubt any farang or Thai real estate person has ever been formerly asked by a gov't official to show certification for showing other people land for sale. there was an article in the Bkk Post recently that broached the idea that real estate agents should be certified in some manner - it was unresolved and is still being debated. Even if some law were to get enacted, it will likely be as flimsy as thousands of other such laws in thailand - that are either non-enforced or very selctively enforced. Case in point: the nominee rule for foreign ownership of businesses. It was a sleeper until months after the imbroglio with Thaksin/Temasak popped up - and even now that 'law' it's shrouded in subjectivity and confusion.

As for breaking the law - if you want to be stickler about everything, it can get ridiculous.

Here are some law-breaking things that that happen tens of thousands of times every hour in Chiang Rai:

>.. Not stopping at a zebra crossings

. businesses not paying taxes

> going thru red traffic lights

> not wearing seat belts, not wearing helmets

> driving on the wrong side of the road. ...the list could go on for pages.

Also, I didn't mention any names, phone numbers or URL's regarding real estate agents - whereas other posters did specifically plug others (and themselves) - isn't that a no-no on T.Visa? It appears the C.Rai forum is monitored very subjectively.

[/quote

Ive had a few post deleted, the last was on this topic, I didnt get a reason, just deleted, it only happens to me in the CR forum, I guess your right it seems to be monitored very subjectively , or Im not a member of the CR in Crowd cliche.

Purpose:

Something that always intrigues me, how does this effect you working on your own property, maintainance, painting, gardening etc??

There are various ways to relate to that. There's the realistic way, where people (like myself) go ahead and do many things which we like to do, such as planting trees, building things, etc.

Then there are the Thaivisa fundamentalists who will say something like, "according to section XVIILCMVIX in .....[some obscure edict that no Thai has seen or read in 55 years]" .....foreignors are forbidden to...... and the list goes on and on.

If you want to get excruciatingly technical, yes, foreigners cannot legally make money doing things such as "setting lead Thai type for publications" or "hammering brass begging bowls by hand" ...and other such archaic things.

I do pretty much whatever I please in Thailand, and haven't been reprimanded yet. I've made and sold all sorts of things - and have even left and returned to Thailand a couple times without dealing with any border authorities (not a recommended past-time)

I'm not boasting, ....rather, just saying that some people are more inclined to get creative with their wanderlust, whereas others choose to tread the straight and narrow. It's up to the individual - what feels best for him/her - taking in to account the attributes and drawbacks of each individual situation/activity. Sure, it's good to get informed on what's allowed, but don't get too worried about bending the rules a bit.

Thailand is run by the Thais, but where did the Thais come from? ....from all over the region and beyond - the borders in SE Asia are quite porous. Defining who is Thai in any real sense is like defining what sorts of fauna most indiginous for a particular hill - it's nigh impossible. Are the near-black aboriginal Malayan people the real Thais? ....they were arguably here before the lighter skinned people descended from Chinese, etc.

Of course, the same types of arguments could be applied to N.America, and the Middle East, Caucasus, everywhere else (except parts of Africa) Ok, I'll shut up now - and go back to squeezing the green rubber ball to build up my arm muscles.

As usual the poster of the now deleted post is talking *****, a work permit is required for real estate business or re-agent and though the poster

tries to get around this by advertising free on thaivisa, he is still breaking the law.

Even by taking people around Chiang Rai looking at properties, for a nominal fee, he is still breaking the law.

Beware of farang offering to show you around.

Purpose:

2.To control the working of aliens in Thailand; and

3. To promote the investment and employment in the country.

“Alien” means a natural person who is not of Thai nationality.

"Work” means to engage in work by exerting energy or using knowledge whether or not in consideration of wages or other benefits.

It's interesting that Domyamkung read my post, then comments on it, yet either he or someone else deleted it. - so there's no reference to what they're commenting about - except an excerpt out of context. So, you not only get to attack using an annonymous name, you get to so so without showing the text you're dissing.

Fact is, there are hundreds of foreigners in southern Thailand and dozens in nothern Thailand who show properties without having certification to do so. As fas as I know, there's no real estate license arrangements for Thailand - for Thais or for farang. Is Domyamkung or one his buddies going to delete this post and them diss it? If you're going to poop on it, at least have the cojones to leave the text you're commenting on.

Talking about what's strictly legal in Thailand - as opposed to the realities of what goes on every day is like comparing apples and tubas. They're completely different things. A man can hire truckloads of thugs and violently destroy a complete city block in downtown Bkk and get away with it. Concurrently, a non-smoker can get busted for littering and forced by cops to pay Bt.2,000 to dropping a tiny cig butt that he didn't drop. This is Thailand. Get real.

sorry to keep hammering on this, but if you see my first post, it says 'permit not needed." The word 'work' is not in front of the word 'permit.' Subsequent readers wouldn't know that, because the entire post was cowardly deleted.

As is evident in my (now deleted) post, I was referring to real estate permits, not 'work permits' - yet the subsequent denigrating posts all referred to 'work permits.'

Methinks dems deleting and/or taking issue with my posts are themselves involved with real estate biz - or people they're close with. Is that so? Perhaps it all stems from simple underhanded competitive spirit - trying to protect their biz interests, and those of their buddies. If so, admit it. It's understandable / human nature. just don't slink around about it.

As for Domyamkom declaring; "Beware of farang offering to show you around." He's entitled to his opinions, though it's silly at best. I've assisted many people getting their 'dream' properties, most of those times I didn't get a baht for my efforts - because I'm too nice for my own good or because it's so easy to skirt around the agent AFTER he shows the property. Thai agents tell me of having same issues (of irresponsible clients) with Thai and with farang.

There are also many stories of farang going off on their own, securing property, and then being very disappointed later on (for whatever reasons) - whereas an agent might have been able to steer them in a better direction. We all use agents at times: to get married, to get divorced, to buy tickets, to take tours, to do lawsuits, to get insurance, to buy a vehicles, etc etc. get real.

@bramburgers

The part of your post that referenced ".. permit .. " is indeed intact in post #10 were I asked about the comment. You didn't seem to think that answering that post was very important.

I believe any time "work" and "permit" are used in the same sentence, "work permit" is at least 1 valid assumption. I can't be sure, but I would think that permission to deal in real estate would require (or not require) a *license*

BTW, good luck on your rewrite of history and selective interpretation of Thai law ..

Edited by klikster

Let's not get into a tit-for-tat about the vagaries of Thai law regarding farangs. I think it is quite clear that it is illegal for anyone who does not hold a work permit to engage in these endeavors. But TIT, yes I know.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Thai real estate agent in CR, in answer to the OP's question?

If there is no response....probably time to put this thread to rest. Anyone?

Let's not get into a tit-for-tat about the vagaries of Thai law regarding farangs. I think it is quite clear that it is illegal for anyone who does not hold a work permit to engage in these endeavors. But TIT, yes I know.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a Thai real estate agent in CR, in answer to the OP's question?

On the work permit issue. It may well be hard for a Farang to get a work permit as an independent property agent/real estate agent without setting up a company and hiring Thai staff as "brokerage or agency work" is on the restricted professions list as is "driving of motor vehicles or non-motorized carriers for hire" which would let out Foreigners driving people around for a fee.

If the Original poster wants to contact me I'll provide him with a list of the agents and developments, I know about and am not affiliated with... :o