Have U Ever Heard A Thai Fart ?

LKIBA

My bf was very upset with me when I let a big one go whilst using the urinals at Siam Paragon. I thought that was what toilet rooms are for? Frankly I'd rather fart in public than pick my nose.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it particularly revealing when someone (silently) farts in the car.

Then the blame game starts - momma toot!, no, Bodin toot!, no, Tilak toot!. So they generally blame me - poppa toot!. And I wind down the window for a few kilometres, and everyone is happy.

Problem is, it wasn't me in the first place, and the bloody culprit goes unpunished. :o

I work in a school and believe me the girls and boys both fart. Girls, however, if you point it out to them will usually start to cry, so I always ignore it. Boys get embarassed as well, but they will eventually laugh it often.

Thai farts, however, don't tend to be loud. I think because they don't eat large, heavy meals (and probably the diet as well), and they tend to eat slowly, my experience is that they tend to be those little squeaky farts than can almost be confused with a squeaky chair. Also, because there are usually fans blowing, much of the time we are spared the smell.

The final point is that here in Bangkok it's so damned noisy I can't even hear people talk, let alone fart, much of the time.

Im I the only one thinking this is a rather bizarre topic? I mean..ive lived in different countries, and Ive never considered this question, purely because I really haven't noticed or been around people who obviously "fart". Why would it be a 'thai thing' to be considerate and discreet about that? if the OP is wondering if they actually get gas at all, well, you could ask that about many countries...right? Because I just havent heard people going around like mad gassy animals who cannot control their bodily functions. :D Or am i missing something here? :D

I can also honestly say that in my last relationship (nearly 8 years) my ex never once heard me. If i get gas, i will leave the room, simple as that. :o

Funny topic! :D

Hmm I have never heard my bf fart...but I am sure I will at some point...

One of my thai friends mothers asked me "How do you say *making some obnoxious sound from her mouth that is supposed to sound like farting* this in English??"

everyone around her started laughing, and me, being new to Thailand then, was pretty shocked! I said "Um...a fart..."

she started laughing and yelled out "far far far far!" She didnt pronounce the T. But needless to say, I am now not quite so shocked when I get a question like that from Thai people. :o

Actually, I have only heard one Thai person fart...in a bathroom...and boy, was it loud! Of course, he maybe didn't think anyone could hear him...but of course people could! Some of the loudest farts I have EVER heard!!

Funny topic! :D

Hmm I have never heard my bf fart...but I am sure I will at some point...

One of my thai friends mothers asked me "How do you say *making some obnoxious sound from her mouth that is supposed to sound like farting* this in English??"

everyone around her started laughing, and me, being new to Thailand then, was pretty shocked! I said "Um...a fart..."

she started laughing and yelled out "far far far far!" She didnt pronounce the T. But needless to say, I am now not quite so shocked when I get a question like that from Thai people. :o

Actually, I have only heard one Thai person fart...in a bathroom...and boy, was it loud! Of course, he maybe didn't think anyone could hear him...but of course people could! Some of the loudest farts I have EVER heard!!

=============

dawt(spelling) men mak mak...

I have never heard a young thai fart. While visiting a girlfriends family in Ubon, there was an old lady that let out a loud one and she had no shame. My girlfriend and her mother were the ones embarrased. I just thought it was funny. :o Thankfully we were outside and I didnt smell anything.

Facts On Farts :o

http://www.fart-sounds.net/facts_on_farts....t_gas_come_from

and:

# An average fart is composed of about 59 percent nitrogen, 21 percent hydrogen, 9 percent carbon dioxide, 7 percent methane, and 4 percent oxygen. Less than 1 percent of its makeup is what makes a fart stink.

# The temperature of a fart at its time of creation is 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

# Farts have been clocked at a speed of 10 feet per second.

# If you fart and a little bit of poo comes out that is known as sharting.

# A person produces about half a liter of farts a day.

Have a nice weekend :D

LaoPo

In my 20 years of visiting and living in Thailand I have only heard a Thai fart once.

About 6 months ago, I went for a massage in the town where the young girl accidentally let one rip. The worst part was that she was sitting on top massaging my legs arse facing me at the time. Her face was total embarrassment.

I made a joke of it and she stopped blushing. At least I learned that Thais do have the facility to fart.

Maybe they all walk around with cotton wool mufflers up their backsides. Part of Thai culture maybe.

Edited by distortedlink

# Farts have been clocked at a speed of 10 feet per second.

hang on a minute

how do they work this one out?

maybe

they form a line up and then someone lets one rip

then they clock the speed against the expressions as the stink wafts down the line...

:burp: ~~ :D ~ :D ~ :D ~ :D .. :D .. B) .. :D .. :o

:D"hmmm. 10 feet in 1 second. its a new record!"

I hear theyre looking for volunteers - any takers?

Silent but deadly

T/W slips them out silently or barely audible (sometimes a little Pffft.) ,but deadly,whew,a decomposing buffalo carcase pales in comparison,even the dog leaves the vicinity. :o

They may not be loud but they are certainly deadly. The amount of times I have been in a taxi and been gased by the driver is unreal. You get in and it smells of jasmine, half way down the road and you're gasping for air. But you can't put the window down cos of the aircon! One time it was so bad I had to get out way before my destination. Tell me folks, I can't be the only one this has happenend to....

I work in a school and believe me the girls and boys both fart. Girls, however, if you point it out to them will usually start to cry, so I always ignore it. Boys get embarassed as well, but they will eventually laugh it often.

Thai farts, however, don't tend to be loud. I think because they don't eat large, heavy meals (and probably the diet as well), and they tend to eat slowly, my experience is that they tend to be those little squeaky farts than can almost be confused with a squeaky chair. Also, because there are usually fans blowing, much of the time we are spared the smell.

The final point is that here in Bangkok it's so damned noisy I can't even hear people talk, let alone fart, much of the time.

I have a theory that the more meat people eat, the worse the fart smells.

The vegetarians I know seem to produce noise with no smell.

But my best friend who eats meat all the day long from carts on the street produces farts that smell like an open grave.

Edited by popshirt

In my 20 years of visiting and living in Thailand I have only heard a Thai fart once.

About 6 months ago, I went for a massage in the town where the young girl accidentally let one rip. The worst part was that she was sitting on top massaging my legs arse facing me at the time. Her face was total embarrassment.

I made a joke of it and she stopped blushing. At least I learned that Thais do have the facility to fart.

Maybe they all walk around with cotton wool mufflers up their backsides. Part of Thai culture maybe.

i hope she wernt naked she might have followed thru :o and the mess would have ruined the extras that could have been on offer :D

ive lived here for 6 years and i lived with the 1 thai lady for 5 years and never heard her fart or any of her friends, family, or when we was out and im living with a girl now for 1 year and she doesnt DO THAIS FART :o

I think Thai women are discrete when they fart, at least in public. My wife says her farts are sweet smelling, of course that is just plain BS, they stink like hel_l.

Now here is one you ought to show you Thai girlfriend or wife, lay down on your back, and crank out a huge tonal blast, holding a lighter or match to the area, and watch their eyes when a huge ball of fire appears and explodes out of your ass. Of course don't do this trick with out the right protective underwear or pants on, other wise you'll cause damage to the portal hole and blister you ass and singe the hair, which can be quit embarasing.

Edited by Pundi64

I like letting one go in upmarket shopping centers.It always seems to get a laugh out of my girlfreind....who happens to be behind me.

By the way one thing i do find a little annoying with some thais is when they do that sucking thing through their teeth.Is it just a spicy food thing?

ive lived here for 6 years and i lived with the 1 thai lady for 5 years and never heard her fart or any of her friends, family, or when we was out and im living with a girl now for 1 year and she doesnt DO THAIS FART :o

Sorry I haven't read the other replys, I was just too excited to see that this important issue was finally raised. Then to see the elegant grammar with sublime nuances, I knew this forum had finally achieved its pentultimate.

Hopefully the moderators will start a new sub forum, lets show these heathens what western intellectual stimulus is really about. Thankyou OP.

a story my wife told me, supposedly true. some one expressed there colon on a long tailed boat, to everyones discomfort, the skipper asked who it was, of coarse everyone looked away. when they got to the jetty the skipper is takeing his fares, he says hang on whoever farted hasnt paid, a sweet little old lady with a hurt look on her face says, ive paid already, then realizing the catch wished the ground would swollow her up. the family love this story.

Years ago, my UK doctor told me a smelly fart means you havent digested your food properly, an odurless fart is a sign your stomach is working correctly, so, putting things in context, and what thais eat, i dont think they dare fart with confidence unless there bum is hang over water,,

The answer is a resounding yes. The schoolkids take pride in their resonance and of course there's a Thai word for it too.

It's an onamatopoeic (sp?) word and it's something like 'toht'.

To be distinguished of course from 'kor tort' meaning sorry or excuse me, which said with the wrong tone comes out as meaning 'please fart'.

They will too!.

• 1 year later...