Does Thai Consulate In Hull Grant Visa To 3rd Party Citizens?

I understand that the Thai consulate in Hull, UK grants 15-month VISA to EU citizens. Does anyone know if the same privilege is extended to non-EU citizens ? It appears to be an even more generous option than the route to Thai Consulate in Vientiane.

BTW, any flights fly direct from BKK to Hull ?

I understand that the Thai consulate in Hull, UK grants 15-month VISA to EU citizens. Does anyone know if the same privilege is extended to non-EU citizens ? It appears to be an even more generous option than the route to Thai Consulate in Vientiane.

BTW, any flights fly direct from BKK to Hull ?

Send Hull an e-mail and just find out. This is what I did last year and they will certainly respond to you also.

I (Swiss) got from them a Multiple Non-O-Visa that you actually can stretch to 15 month from them last year.

To get to Hull, fly over Amsterdam to Humberside, which is pretty close. If that does not work, the other option then is to fly to Manchester and rent a car. It is about a 150 km pleasant drive to Hull.

Whatever you do, please let us know.

I asked the same question in another thread here recently, and received the answer that Hull could be expected to issue non imm Os (based on request to visit friends in Thailand) to a passport holder of any country that could normally obtain a non-immigrant visa in a foreign country (i.e., people from most countries, not just UK or EU residents).

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my last 2 NON IMM multi O from Hull, with no problems (UK citizen), though, I have noticed that on the visa application PDF, page 2, it says

"Please bear in mind that it is highly unlikely that you will obtain a NON IMM O multi from anywhere other than your country of nationality"

So, I would enquire directly with the consulate, before jumping on the plane.

Humberside Airport is around 20 miles from from Hull, and has 2 daily flights (50 min) from Schipol with KLM.

Robin Hood airport (Doncaster) is around 50 miles away, though I'm not sure what flights serve it.

The nearest large airport is Manchester (as already mentioned) and has a train station, with direct service to Hull, cheap if you pre-book it, ridiculous if you buy ticket on the day.

I seem to remember reading a post some time back that the honorary Thai consulate at Hull is willing to mail your passport with multiple-entry non-O visa back to you at an address in any Western European EU country. The consul does not advertise this, probably because consuls do not want to take business away from each other, but if the Thai consulates in your country refuse to give this type of visa you may want to call Hull to find out before hopping on a plane to Manchester.

--

Maestro