A Couple Of Colloquialisms

chutai

You know the almost joking lor put at the end of a sentence put as a question , e.g Koon mai chawp see dairng, lor. How is that written in Thai script please.

Also krup-pom. I guess that's just written as the two words krup and pom together ?

Cheers

You know the almost joking lor put at the end of a sentence put as a question , e.g Koon mai chawp see dairng, lor. How is that written in Thai script please.

Also krup-pom. I guess that's just written as the two words krup and pom together ?

Cheers

คุณไม่ชอบสีแดง หรือ

ครับผม

Correct, although as we're talking colloquialisms the first word 'lor' could also be spelled เหรอ or หรอ as that more accurately represents its colloquial pronunciation and indeed how a Thai speaker may write it if say chatting on MSN.

Edited by withnail

Cheers, withnail

that was the one that I was after = lor.

Although the second example is given as ror when I checked and has a different meaning.

http://www.thai2english.com/dictionary/16334.html

True it's not really supposed to be spelled that way but it might be online e.g. จิงหรอ = จริงหรือ

or even worse, "จิงหลอ" !

However, you won't find these in the dictionary (I think-too lazy to go check), because หรอ and หลอ are not real words, like "dis", "dat", "sez", "sum". (this, that, says, some)