Thanni.com

crockett

Hi,

Yesterday I took a look at www.thanni.com which is supposed to be Thailand's largest online computer store.

They are also selling operating systems (under the software section) but the prices are unbelievably cheap.

Vista Home Premium sells at only 3,750 Baht, Vista Ultimate at 7,480 Baht and Office 2007 Standard at 6,550 Baht.

They do not mention which flavour of OS it is (supposed to be OEM at this price) but the pictures on the site show the

retail versions. Does anyone have any experience with Thanni in this regard and is the stuff genuine?

Thanks in advance.

Those prices actually are about right. I've ordered from them several times but not software. Actually I believe Shop4Thai has a much larger selection. Here are the OEM prices from them > http://www.shop4thai.com/en/category/Softw...tware/?brand=41

I would have to say they are legitimate or else the prices would be a couple of hundred baht. :o

Thanks for the link Tywais. The shop4thai prices are at about Panthip level for a genuine OS, so it's

easier to buy there directly. I was only wondering how Thanni can be so much cheaper with 7,480 Baht

for Vista Ultimate compared to some 8,700 Baht at shop4thai.

I was only wondering how Thanni can be so much cheaper with 7,480 Baht

Shop4Thai is generally more expensive then Thanni for several items. I believe Thanni buys direct from the distributor so perhaps explains the lower price.

That may be the lower price as believe there was a large decrease very recently on Microsoft products. Home Premium was about 5,400 at Fortune last year when I bought it.

You are right, Microsoft has decreased the prices when the Service Pack 1 RTM was released, but I noticed that some shops

at Fortune still sell Home Premium at the same price you bought it for last year. :o Old stock.... probably)

I was only wondering how Thanni can be so much cheaper with 7,480 Baht

Shop4Thai is generally more expensive then Thanni for several items. I believe Thanni buys direct from the distributor so perhaps explains the lower price.

Ok, I'll double check again some shops in Panthip and Fortune. If there is much difference, I better order from Thanni.

I've successfully ordered hardware from Thanni.com (a computer case and a VGA card) and am very happy with their service overall.

Whenever I need something again they will definitely be one of the first places I check.

ditto

Friend of mine just ordered some stuff from these Cowboys, they delivered the stuff he ordered (about 20k's worth of PC hardware) - but they delivered it to the wrong address, nothing even close to what he put down as the address - and they were 3-4 days late sending it (i.e. took 8 days from the original order/payment to when it arrived) - he had to go to the wrong address himself and ask them to give him his parcel!!!

I have one order succesfull but on the second time it was not good service. They run out of the item I ordered, but no answer for two week. At the end I have to asked for them to get my account. Totally, I wast my time for over 2 months. I will never order anything from this web again.

• 6 months later...

I think you'll find it's because they somnetimes like to take your money without any intention of sending you the product.

I've been trying for weeks to get a refund out of them, I've even put up a website, thats how cheesed off I am with them.

Taffy

Edited by Reimar
deleted the link to that website

Well,

I'm quite happy with them overall. But the last time I ordered something they said it was out of stock, an that they would refund the money, I gave them the bank details and they confirmed they would do it in the next 5 days. Anyway, I just assumed it was done (it was about 1000 baht). Anyway, about a month later the product arrived. I then realised that they hadn't reimbursed me after all. It was a bit cheeky of them to confirm it, and then not pay the money, but I was still quite happy with the purchase (well, i wasn't expecting it so it was a bit like christmas!).

Used Thanni before, no problems. Paid by ATM, delivery was quick.

I found the selection pretty limited, and they sometimes take a long time to update the prices and / or hardware. So now what I do is before I buy, I compare with the prices at hardware house international at hwhinter.com - you can't order from them AFAIK but hwhi has a price list online. Great for a quick check to see whether the Thanni price is reasonable.

shop4thai has better service, there's always somebody answering the phone, and when I ordered some antennas from them they advised me on all the cables/plugs i need to make the equipment work - that's not a trivial matter with many different antenna plug standards on different routers/antennas, so I was impressed. If you find their price too high you can call and ask for the lower price you saw ______ (fill in the blank) and they'll probably match it. Shop4Thai website is awful and they are slow to update it too - but the phone/email service is amazing.

Ordered many times with Thanni, always received the goods or money back from them.

If things are out stock and that happens a lot, it takes to long to resolve.

I tried to email first with my order but they don't want take the trouble to check stock.

Thanni's website is poorly maintained with outdated stock.

Found the service and speed from JIB much better but their website is in Thai only.

Ordered many times with Thanni, always received the goods or money back from them.

I tried to email first with my order but they don't want take the trouble to check stock.

Found the service and speed from JIB much better but their website is in Thai only.

hi,

what are the delays, shipping cost and way of payment for JIB?

hi,

what are the delays, shipping cost and way of payment for JIB?

No delay, immediate contact by telephone after the online order when an article was out of stock.

Received the orders in two - three days with EMS, payment by bank transfer.

In the last two months I started to use SDS more (Southern Delivery Service) and it takes only one day to receive goods from Bangkok to Phuket.

No delay, immediate contact by telephone after the online order when an article was out of stock.

Received the orders in two - three days with EMS, payment by bank transfer.

In the last two months I started to use SDS more (Southern Delivery Service) and it takes only one day to receive goods from Bangkok to Phuket.

thanks for you reply, i need to find a thai to explain me what are the three options written only in thai, i guess they are for the different delevery service or maybe can you tell me the meaning of those three choices please?

No sorry can't help with the Thai website menu, I let my son do all the ordering for me.

On the top right of the page there are language option flags. Select English then on the bottom left click on Shipping/Returns Policy. It explains the shipping methods in English.

On the top right of the page there are language option flags. Select English then on the bottom left click on Shipping/Returns Policy. It explains the shipping methods in English.

hi, unfortunately this only applys for thanni.com not for jib.