Unnerving Incident In Soi Cowboy Last Night

bulmercke

i have been in bars in soi cowboy when working girls have been dragged out by the hair by thai men, guess what nobody saw a thing. (took place in the darling bar)

i have been in bars when thai men with guns came in and started shooting bullets into the ceiling, guess what nobody saw a thing. (took place in the sunshine bar)

i remember an american owner/manager of a bar in soi cowboy being dragged out into the soi and having the shit kicked out him, again nobody saw a thing.(took place outside joe bar)

i learned pretty quickly to look the other way, as the thais will tell you, not my problem.

there are a lot of things taking place in any area such as soi cowboy that the normal tourist wouldnt even be aware of, even if it was happening infront of him.

most of these girls arent drinking vodka or tequila they are drinking water, another scam.

a young woman was abducted, thats only your opinion, you dont know and have no reason or need to know what took place, things happen in bangkok everyday that are probably best left unmentioned.

did you watch the interview on thai tv last week about the thai woman from on nut 17 soi 18 that had the crap beaten out of her for being late on the repayments of the 20,000 baht loan she had taken out.

i have seen thai men and women beaten up here, nothing happens without a reason.

no wonder the thais say we farangs think too much, next time look the other way.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen the same or similar in;

Union Street, Plymouth, Devon UK.

Frankfurt, Germany, the same.

Viernheim, Germany the same.

Darwin, Mitchell St. Aus, the same.

Montparnasse, Paris

Banchang, Rayong

The list could go on forever....

This kind of stuff goes on anywhere and everywhere you get a mix of money, men, drink, drunks, drugs, sex and whatever establishment that's set up to provide said services.

I'm just suprised that you're so wound up about it. You can't / couldn't do anything about it and, as the previous poster pointed out, maybe you should drink in some less salubrious areas. It's all part of the territory.

pip pip

Jandajoy and rgs200 1UK - I guess you guys are right -

Don't get me wrong. I commend you for caring. The world would be a far better place if more people pitched in and tried to prevent the "merde" that goes on. Unfortunately the reality is that it is what is "merde". Well done for caring.

i have been in bars in soi cowboy when working girls have been dragged out by the hair by thai men, guess what nobody saw a thing. (took place in the darling bar)

i have been in bars when thai men with guns came in and started shooting bullets into the ceiling, guess what nobody saw a thing. (took place in the sunshine bar)

i remember an american owner/manager of a bar in soi cowboy being dragged out into the soi and having the shit kicked out him, again nobody saw a thing.(took place outside joe bar)

Crikey, your name isn't Jonah is it?

Moss

I think the OP’s wife is probably correct, unless the girl had indeed suffered some sort of seizure, she was being taken out to pay the consequences for something she had got herself into.

I do think the OP may be one of those peoples whose perspective of exactly where he was and what can happen in places like that has been seriously skewed. What I mean is, would he even consider sitting out in front with his wife in comparable place in his home country? Would his wife even think about sitting out in front of comparable place catering to the Thai trade? People just seem to forget that these are places whose main function is illegal and completely outside the norms of average Thai people, particularly women not in the trade themselves (99% of Thai women, including I assume the OP wife). This is not meant by any means as any moral judgment, I am just as likely to be there as many people, but it is important to remember where you are.

Rather then unnerving, the experience should have been a reminder.

TH

Yesterday evening whilst my wife and I were sat - having a few beers - at the outside bar of Cowboy 2 bar on Soi Cowboy I suddenly noticed two young Thai males exit the adjacent bar (Spice Girl bar) carrying a Thai woman. (One with his arms under her back and the other supporting her legs.)

Go and buy the manager of Cowboy 2 a drink, he knows everything that needs to be known in the Soi as he has done for the last 10 years or so.

Go and buy the manager of Cowboy 2 a drink, he knows everything that needs to be known in the Soi as he has done for the last 10 years or so.

I might just do that maybe he can tell me why it is on that soi that everytime i give a 1000 i get change for a 500..love to know the anwser been baffling me for weeks

I might just do that maybe he can tell me why it is on that soi that everytime i give a 1000 i get change for a 500..love to know the anwser been baffling me for weeks

Easy even I can answer that......you have no idea about Bangkok and the staff can sense it :o

Had to be Rama 9 Hospital. People don't refer to "Pharam 9" except when giving directions ("go by Rama 9 Rd" or "I'm stuck on Rama 9"), or when referring to the hospital. Or, and highly unlikely, Rama 9 Cafe :o

If it were unusual (paying back a debt, for example) I highly doubt they would have been able to do that in public view without a bunch of girls screaming and chasing after them. More than likely it was a seizure or OD.

Umm, not the type of question I would ask him if you are making that statement up :o and I suggest you are.

Maybe he said Rama 9 hospital.

Yes - that's possibly what he meant - but he didn't say hospital - I spoke in Thai to him -

Why didn't you just ask him some more questions? Then you would know.

Actually thinking on it now, I was at the cowboy last night playing pool. I went with a friend to country bar (?) bcause they had decent enough tables but I was going to go spice bar because I recall them having a nice table upstairs. As I looked at Spice bar I noticed the upstairs looked closed, and the main display neon light outside was off, though downstairs I think it was open.

I didn't think on it much at the time, but it did strike me as something not being quite right. This must of been about 9:30-10 pm.

Maybe just a coincidence?

Easy even I can answer that......you have no idea about Bangkok and the staff can sense it :o

No you are right dekka i have no idea about bangkok after living there for 5 years but you do and that is why you like to class them all as filthy whores, i fear its you that has no idea about bangkok and your posts most definately back that up..and whats with the winks

No you are right dekka i have no idea about bangkok after living there for 5 years but you do and that is why you like to class them all as filthy whores, i fear its you that has no idea about bangkok and your posts most definately back that up..and whats with the winks

I never said filthy.....Are you stupid or in denial or something. If they are not Whores/Working girls/Hookers/Prostitutes or whatever you want to refer to them as what are they???

Secondly after 5 years mate - I would have thought any clown would have enough wits about them not to get ripped off in a bar with their change.....then again it would seem not.

Edited by dekka007

I never said filthy.....Are you stupid or in denial or something. If they are not Whores/Working girls/Hookers/Prostitutes or whatever you want to refer to them as what are they???

Secondly after 5 years mate - I would have thought any clown would have enough wits about them not to get ripped off in a bar with their change.....then again it would seem not.

yawn

The girl in question was indeed abducted. Her stagename is Lek. Her real name is Mom Sunida Anupongjaroenphanichtrakul. She graduated from Harvard University with an MBA. Her father is a former army chief. She has the phone numbers of 7 cabinet ministers and 9 permanent secretaries in her phone. She was working undercover as a dancer whilst conducting surveillance for a high-level CIA operation aiming to break an Al-Qaeda cell working out of Soi Cowboy. She was taken out, literally, by a couple of Russo-Thais who had drugged with a mixture of a radioactive sedative and the truth drug. They were taking her off for an interrogation as they wanted access to the precious information she was privy to. Best you not get involved.

Most likely a medical situation--maybe a popped cherry or something!

almost correct, i have it on good authority from an inside source, little lek was rushing back to nakhon nowhere to take care of a sick buffalo.

Oh your were there also that night?

You should have just asked the service girls what happened as I did.

She was drinking from 4 pm that afternoon with some friends , then started working and after a few more drinks she fell off the stage..

they were not Kidnapping her , they were carrying her out of the bar. If you noticed she was not at all fighting them and her eyes were open.

Good looking out , but this is soi cowboy.

Cheers