Dvd Region Code 1 & 3 / Region Free Player

Hi,

does anyone know if I can find a region free DVD player in BKK? or any solution for the Region switch problem? (attached) I was not aware of the issue and tonight got .... with a "just purchased" Ragion 1 DVD series from amazon.com. I have already switched twice from region 1 to 3 and now what?

Tks for any input/idea/ place where to buy etc.

post-17402-1210702892_thumb.jpg

There used to be no region limited dvd players in Thailand .... now I've seen boxes with region 3 players.

However, I bought a Chinese DVD player two months ago (with USB) .. no problems at all. I think you should stick for the no name Chinese imports

and you'll be fine ... Most of these are sold by Big C, Carrefour etc. Bring a Regio 1 disk with you and try it yourself.

Regarding, computer DVD players, I have two Asus 1814 DVD recorders. Their default region was not selected. I just inserted a Thai

language Region 3 movie ... no request to set the region code. Have no Region 1 DVD to try out, but I guess it runs ok.

Furthermore, there are software no region modifiers.

Edited by sniffdog

AnyDVD is the best. works with ALL DVD drives including Matshita.

Mac OS X is a different ball-game altogether tho :o

FAQ 16 on the Slysoft forum specifically warns against Matshita drives. They only work under specific circumstances.

Hi,

does anyone know if I can find a region free DVD player in BKK? or any solution for the Region switch problem? (attached) I was not aware of the issue and tonight got .... with a "just purchased" Ragion 1 DVD series from amazon.com. I have already switched twice from region 1 to 3 and now what?

Tks for any input/idea/ place where to buy etc.

If you're talking about a stand alone DVD player most of the cheaper 'unbranded' DVD's sold in places like Tesco, Big C etc. come region free. If you have one just take a disc from another region into the shop and try it on there display model to see if it works.

If you can't find one already region free go to ' http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multiregion/hackable.asp ' and get the hack to do it yourself.

FAQ 16 on the Slysoft forum specifically warns against Matshita drives. They only work under specific circumstances.

I get the message about setting a region on my notebook with a Matshita DVD when I try to play certain DVDs. Never seen it when playing the same DVDs on my other computers using LG and Pioneer drives. For stand alone players bought in Thailand never had a problem playing anything on the ones I have, Panasonic and Pioneer.

Hi :o

Just download and install "VLC Player" (www.videolan.org/vlc/) and play your DVD's with that. it doesn't give a dam_n what region is set in your drive, it will simply play them regardless.

I had that with a Thai movie DVD that refused to play in WMP for the same reason as yours (the DVD drive appears to be set to U.S.A. region??) but VLC just played it fine.

VLC is available for Windows, Mac, BeOS and various Linux flavours.

Best regards.....

Thanh