Just did a tranfer from ANZ to pay for my car insurance in Thailand bloody ANZ charges 24 Oz dollar for the tranfer whick ok they are doing something (tranfer) for the 24 dollar but what do the siam bank at the other end do for the 500 baht they take out. tranferd the money in baht not oz dollar now iam 500 baht short to pay the car insurance no big deal wife will sort that out but getting charge at the OZ end then at the thailand end rip off I think Its all electronic tranfers no humans doing tranfer just anyoing end of bitch

Just did a tranfer from ANZ to pay for my car insurance in Thailand bloody ANZ charges 24 Oz dollar for the tranfer whick ok they are doing something (tranfer) for the 24 dollar but what do the siam bank at the other end do for the 500 baht they take out. tranferd the money in baht not oz dollar now iam 500 baht short to pay the car insurance no big deal wife will sort that out but getting charge at the OZ end then at the thailand end rip off I think Its all electronic tranfers no humans doing tranfer just anyoing end of bitch

And you are lucky !

The ANZ bank send you AU$, they could have echange you money at 27.5 baht over there, instead of a rate at around 30 bht for a $ you getting in thailand.

I am paying 200bht with (bangkok bank)for fees.

I paid as well around 35$ cost, next time send few thousand dollars, same cost...

how did you specify the charges on your instructions ? There are of course charges both ends , banks are not a charity :o

If you want an exact amount of THB , then next time you should tell ANZ 'all charges my account '. Though chances are , it will actually end up costing you more that way .

Very rarely is it ever worth sending Thai Baht to Thailand.

Always send in the currency of your native country. (See what rate you get for THB compared with a Thai bank's rates.)

I love banks.

Really, I do.

I can't believe why people hate them so much - I mean, what's the alternative? Keep your cash under the bed? Salary in, ATM machines, transfers, credit cards. They all make life so convenient.

And even better, if I give them big chunks of cash to look after for me, they actually pay me 8% of that for the privilege.

Best invention ever.

I love banks.

Really, I do.

I can't believe why people hate them so much - I mean, what's the alternative? Keep your cash under the bed? Salary in, ATM machines, transfers, credit cards. They all make life so convenient.

And even better, if I give them big chunks of cash to look after for me, they actually pay me 8% of that for the privilege.

Best invention ever.

I am actually beginning to like attorneys.

that's terrible! :o

Insist on seeing the routing instructions. I was amazed at what I was being charged for transferring dosh from BoS, Jersey to UOB in Pattaya. I insisted on a full explanation and sight of the routing. The money was initially transferred to Barclays Bank in London who passed it on to the Krung Thai Bank in BKK who then transferred the money to UOB. Krung Thai charges 500 baht plus a percentage for the transfer which came to more than the 14 quid that had already been leached. The simple answer was to open an account with KTB and when the money arrived draw it out and walk down the road to UOB and make a cash deposit. For their greed KTB can maintain an account with a balance that only gets above three figures temporarily when I refill my account here.

I think that you may well find that the 500 baht you have been charged goes to KTB, not Siam Bank.

Edited by Bagwan

that's terrible! :o

Bastard. Now, I've got to clean my laptop screen of coffee.

I think we should employ Deloitte. They're pretty good forensic accountants. They'll solve the mystery of the missing 500 baht.