Non Immigrant B Multiple Entry & Work Permit

I am new to this and have no idea where to post this question and others. I have had no joy in emailing the "contact us" link to Thai Visa but I could be doing it wrong.

My situation today is:

I am English and have just had to apply for a new passport as I don't have sufficient pages to get my next visa (Non Immigrant B Multiple Entry valid for one year) or apply for a work permit. My last Non Immigrant B visa (single entry) states on it that I should apply for a work permit as I have had enough single entries. I want and need to apply for a work permit but I seem to be in this sticky situation whereby;

1. The work permit will be valid until the date of expiry of my current visa (now November 10th) but I don't have enough pages to apply for my work permit in my currrent passport with its current visa.

2. In order to get a Non Immigrant B multiple entry visa valid for one year from Penang I would need a receipt from the Labour Office stating my work permit was in the process. Without this I believe I will not even be granted another single entry Non Immigrant B visa because of the note stating I should apply for a work permit. It seems I don't have enough time to complete all these red tape actions!

Please could you advise me on what to do. Do I get my new passport, transfer the visa and apply for a work permit for the 10th Nov? Basically I don't want to go to Penang more times than I really have to - it takes me 2 days to psyche myself up to go there, especially now that we have to carry 20,000B for a crossing.

Thank you for your help. I have lots of other questions too but will not post them all at the one time.

but I don't have enough pages to apply for my work permit in my currrent passport with its current visa.

Get additional pages in your passport. Most embassies will do it for free.

In all cases, apply for your work permit ASAP, and then get the multi entry in Penang.

www.sunbeltasia.com

But infortunately the British Embassy doesn't do this AT ALL, for free or even if you wanted to pay!

You'll definitely need a new passport methinks!

Thank you for that. I have just EMS'd my passport to get a new one which takes 5 working days, then off to Samui or Surat to get the visa transferred into my new passport.

Our legal cosultants say that it takes 2 weeks to get a working permit application receipt and then I can prove I am applying for a work permit, therefore I should get a Non Immigrant B multiple for a year and then be able to get my work permit dates in line with my new visa.

I have another question regarding employment of a UK Company (sole trader) doing work for the company I work for which is a Co. Limited here in Thailand. We have been advised that all he needs is a Non Immigrant B visa with a letter from our company, but I was under the impression that anybody working in Thailand needs a work permit. Can you clarify this please?

Thank you

We have been advised that all he needs is a Non Immigrant B visa with a letter from our company, but I was under the impression that anybody working in Thailand needs a work permit. Can you clarify this please?

You are correct. Any foriegner working in Thailand needs a work permit....even if it is voluntary work :o

Extra-pages: Germany never did it and does not do it for the EU-p\port.

The latter can be applied now either 32 or 48 pages. Of course you pay more for the 48, exactly 1/3 more.

So if UK now refuses to add pages, this must be a EU-thing.

Japan gives all whole book of extra pages, if needed, but only once.