Fishing

tipsy

In kind of reply to the Favourite Spare time activities? post i thought I’d start a new topic to get a more targeted response.

I have heard there are some great places to fish around CM, any one care to give their opinion on them? Which is the best / easiest / most fun etc etc

Also is there a club or a group of guys that go out fishing regularly? Looking for some 'fisherman’s friends' (sorry)

:o

In kind of reply to the Favourite Spare time activities? post i thought I'd start a new topic to get a more targeted response.

I have heard there are some great places to fish around CM, any one care to give their opinion on them? Which is the best / easiest / most fun etc etc

your GUARANTEED TO catch something at Spicys nightclub probably the most easy place and fun 2 :o:D:D not sure ya missus will let you go fishing there though :D

Edited by FarangCravings

In kind of reply to the Favourite Spare time activities? post i thought I'd start a new topic to get a more targeted response.

your GUARANTEED TO catch something at Spicys nightclub probably the most easy place and fun 2 :D:D:D not sure ya missus will let you go fishing there though :D

I've been thinking of a reply to that... one that wont get removed or one that wont get me shot by her and i cant...... :D

I'll continue and if I do ill let you know tonight :o

Edited by tipsy

I've seen adverts for Dream Lake Fishing Adventure (or similar) but no idea as to it's quality or fun level. My favourite place is in the sala with a beer watching the wife trying to catch our supper - great excitement when she gets one :o , more beer if she doesn't :D

There is the big lake just past the 700 year stadium, i've seen a few people fish there, and tried myself a few times, but never caught anything. But you u gota pay 20b to go in.

Yes, that is Huay Thung Thaw lake. A great place for fishing, but not so great on catching anything. Still a great spot :o

There is the big lake just past the 700 year stadium, i've seen a few people fish there, and tried myself a few times, but never caught anything. But you u gota pay 20b to go in.

Yes, that is Huay Thung Thaw lake. A great place for fishing, but not so great on catching anything. Still a great spot :o

Thats why it's called fishing and not..."catching" It would be nice to find out if it is possible to catch fish around here somewhere. I'm sure someone knows, just not giving away the secret spots

Farang Cravings is introducing non-native species to lakes (essentially a fishing farm or park) that if they escape can pose real threats to the natural balance of things here in Thailand - and that can happen quite easily given all of the floods annually. It's bogus and destructive. Sure they know how to fish, but they show a blatant disregard for the land they are fishing and for the impact it may have. In addition they're targeting giant freshwater rays, these are endangered species being studied under a Nat'l Geographic backed giant fishes preservation project. They say nothing about catch n release. I'm all for fishing where n when appropriate for the right species. But you have to be responsible too. These guys are making big bucks without showing any stewardship for the land or the water.

For my own part there are two kinds of fishing that I do. I've participated in some catfish tourneys around at local dugout lakes. These are fun Thai affairs with nary a Falang in sight. You pay an admission fee of like 300 B and stake out your territory at 5am. Fishing begins at 10 am and goes on into the hot day until the final catfish weigh-in at 5pm. The biggest catfish may bring a jackpot prize of 10K baht or even a new motosai! You'll be fishing lodged in between some fierce Thai competitors and the etiquette is pretty stringent and confusing (it was for me at first) to a foreigner. But the snacking, the music they play, the people you meet, and the gambling for prizes make it a good Thai adventure. There are usually prizes for the Top 20 fish. All cats over 1 kilo are kept in a well and go back to the stock pond. Those you catch under 1 kilo are yours to cook up. It's typical to catch a couple in the 3-6 kilo size to get in the running for prizes, and then 5 or more of the smaller ones for the bbq later.

The other fishing, of course, is to get out on a lake or river and go after native species in a natural habitat. That takes a boat or kayak for best results and you have to know somebody to do that. The question is where to find that somebody....

The other fishing, of course, is to get out on a lake or river and go after native species in a natural habitat. That takes a boat or kayak for best results and you have to know somebody to do that.
The question is where to find that somebody....

It's not an advert if people are asking for it. So come on and tell us already!

Farang Cravings is introducing non-native species to lakes (essentially a fishing farm or park) that if they escape can pose real threats to the natural balance of things here in Thailand - and that can happen quite easily given all of the floods annually. It's bogus and destructive. Sure they know how to fish, but they show a blatant disregard for the land they are fishing and for the impact it may have. In addition they're targeting giant freshwater rays, these are endangered species being studied under a Nat'l Geographic backed giant fishes preservation project. They say nothing about catch n release. I'm all for fishing where n when appropriate for the right species. But you have to be responsible too. These guys are making big bucks without showing any stewardship for the land or the water.

For my own part there are two kinds of fishing that I do. I've participated in some catfish tourneys around at local dugout lakes. These are fun Thai affairs with nary a Falang in sight. You pay an admission fee of like 300 B and stake out your territory at 5am. Fishing begins at 10 am and goes on into the hot day until the final catfish weigh-in at 5pm. The biggest catfish may bring a jackpot prize of 10K baht or even a new motosai! You'll be fishing lodged in between some fierce Thai competitors and the etiquette is pretty stringent and confusing (it was for me at first) to a foreigner. But the snacking, the music they play, the people you meet, and the gambling for prizes make it a good Thai adventure. There are usually prizes for the Top 20 fish. All cats over 1 kilo are kept in a well and go back to the stock pond. Those you catch under 1 kilo are yours to cook up. It's typical to catch a couple in the 3-6 kilo size to get in the running for prizes, and then 5 or more of the smaller ones for the bbq later.

The other fishing, of course, is to get out on a lake or river and go after native species in a natural habitat. That takes a boat or kayak for best results and you have to know somebody to do that. The question is where to find that somebody....

LMAO i am not involved in any introduction of fish into thailand just posted a fishing site

Maybe you should read the thread very well before posting

Man, you see the size of that Mekong Catfish in FarangCravings link??

Looks like it could swallow that guy holding it near it's mouth.

That thing is BIG.

That's not "catching", that's big time wrestling !!!

A hand grenade is my idea...spoon out ,..."pling"....."splash".....one thousand one, one thousand two, one thou"BOOM!!!"..wait for 'em to float up.. i.e, "netting"

:o