Magnetic Signs

JuniorExPat

Before heading out on a potential wild goose chase I thought I should consult the oracle that is the Chiang Mai forum of ThaiVisa.

Back in the recesses of my memory and back in the land of cold summers and even colder winters I remember seeing advertising/signs that were printed on magnetic plastic sheets so that they could be placed on and removed from the panels of vans/cars.

Have you seen these in Chiang Mai anywhere? If so, do you happen to know where in Chiang Mai one would go to have some made?

I'm thinking about starting a food home delivery service and I want to be able to use our fleet of Toyota Fortuners during the daytime without the corporate livery. :o

Thanks in advance,

JxP

Before heading out on a potential wild goose chase I thought I should consult the oracle that is the Chiang Mai forum of ThaiVisa.

Back in the recesses of my memory and back in the land of cold summers and even colder winters I remember seeing advertising/signs that were printed on magnetic plastic sheets so that they could be placed on and removed from the panels of vans/cars.

Have you seen these in Chiang Mai anywhere? If so, do you happen to know where in Chiang Mai one would go to have some made?

I'm thinking about starting a food home delivery service and I want to be able to use our fleet of Toyota Fortuners during the daytime without the corporate livery. :o

Thanks in advance,

JxP

When I wanted mine, I discovered that I had to order them from the States. I got two large signs (one for each side of my Caribbean,) for about $50 USD. I e-mailed them a .jpg of the design and the size, and two weeks later I had the signs. They obviously use some form of photo reproduction as the font was correct as was the Logo. There were many shops on-line, and I chose one that happened to be in Hawaii that had the best price.

Thanks in advance,

JxP

Would delivery bikes not be more cost effective than trucks?

Thanks in advance,

JxP

Would delivery bikes not be more cost effective than trucks?

Fortuners not trucks, and very well paid PR ladies taking and delivering the orders - I've got this marketplace covered! :D

JxP

I bought the magnetic material in Bangkok and had it sent north on a tour bus. The magnetic material is fairly easily cut to size and we had stickers made locally and just press them on.

Edited by Boksida

When I wanted mine, I discovered that I had to order them from the States. I got two large signs (one for each side of my Caribbean,) for about $50 USD. I e-mailed them a .jpg of the design and the size, and two weeks later I had the signs. They obviously use some form of photo reproduction as the font was correct as was the Logo. There were many shops on-line, and I chose one that happened to be in Hawaii that had the best price.

Thanks FolkGuitar, a good plan, there are a lot of people offering this service online. If you were happy with the outfit that you used and happen to still have the contact details could you share them with me?

Many thanks,

JxP

I bought the magnetic material in Bangkok and had it sent north on a tour bus. The magnetic material is fairly easily cut to size and we had stickers made locally and just press them on.

Excellent, that may be a better way to deal with it, do you remember where you bought the magnetic material? I've used the signwriter (are they still called that?) near Mad Dog before, they did a good job so I would probably get the stickers done there.

Thanks,

JxP

Thanks FolkGuitar, a good plan, there are a lot of people offering this service online. If you were happy with the outfit that you used and happen to still have the contact details could you share them with me?

Many thanks,

JxP

I'd love to help, but that was almost seven years ago. I don't have the foggiest idea of even the name, only that it was in Hawaii. :o

Excellent, that may be a better way to deal with it, do you remember where you bought the magnetic material? I've used the signwriter (are they still called that?) near Mad Dog before, they did a good job so I would probably get the stickers done there.

Thanks,

JxP

I'll be back in Thailand next week and should be able to get the details for you then. We did it last year so should still have the paperwork. There are several places around that computer design the stickers and then print them on to the material.

I'll be back in Thailand next week and should be able to get the details for you then. We did it last year so should still have the paperwork. There are several places around that computer design the stickers and then print them on to the material.

Much appreciated Boksida, have a safe trip back to the LoS.

JxP

Much appreciated Boksida, have a safe trip back to the LoS.

JxP

JxP,

The details on the flexible rubber magnetic material can be found here.

Different thicknesses are available and as metal prices have changed so much in the last year, it would be best to get current prices directly from them.

Hope this helps.

JxP,

Different thicknesses are available and as metal prices have changed so much in the last year, it would be best to get current prices directly from them.

Hope this helps.

No luck with these guys?

JxP,

Hope this helps.

No luck with these guys?

Sorry Boksida, I got distracted! Thanks very much for the info, I'll let you know how I get on.

JxP