Salt Water Tank Problem?

Dirk_brijs

Can please someone explain to me what is on the attached pictures.

I had a saltwater tank installed just a few days ago and I think I am being ripped off. I dont want to post too many details as I am not sure and I dont like to point a finger if I dont know what I am talking about. More details will follow if someone can explain me if this is a real problem or as the seller states wouldnt give a problem.

Anyway I think personally t looks like a problem as it look like a mold and I cant imagine that a mold is ever good?

Anyway it is a snowish fluffy substance that started growing on those rocks about 3 days ago which was 2 days after the tank as set up.

The tank has several filter systems and a skimmer. The tank has no fish in it yet as I thought it would be a good idea to wait with those unless I was sure the water is ok. According to the seller all looks fine and I could put fish in it. Sure to buy fish from him so when they die I can buy some more of his fish.

please help

As said I will post more details on who and how much the tank was installed for to warn other people on this board as I have found out more people might have been scammed by the same guy??

I would also like to double post this as it is Pattaya related as it goes about an as everybody thinks well respected shop in Pattaya.

Can please someone explain to me what is on the attached pictures.

I had a saltwater tank installed just a few days ago and I think I am being ripped off. I dont want to post too many details as I am not sure and I dont like to point a finger if I dont know what I am talking about. More details will follow if someone can explain me if this is a real problem or as the seller states wouldnt give a problem.

Anyway I think personally t looks like a problem as it look like a mold and I cant imagine that a mold is ever good?

Anyway it is a snowish fluffy substance that started growing on those rocks about 3 days ago which was 2 days after the tank as set up.

The tank has several filter systems and a skimmer. The tank has no fish in it yet as I thought it would be a good idea to wait with those unless I was sure the water is ok. According to the seller all looks fine and I could put fish in it. Sure to buy fish from him so when they die I can buy some more of his fish.

please help

As said I will post more details on who and how much the tank was installed for to warn other people on this board as I have found out more people might have been scammed by the same guy??

I would also like to double post this as it is Pattaya related as it goes about an as everybody thinks well respected shop in Pattaya.

Not sure about that particular mold but when I set my tank up, it took about 3-4 weeks to achieve the correct levels,ph, living organisms etc before adding the fish. I think anyone who tells you to do otherwise is bul@#itting it takes time to create a living tank. I also had many stages of bloom,mold etc growing which is part of the process but I would get expert advise to make sure