Gulf Air To London

Governor

I note that Gulf Air and some agents are advertising flights to London with less than one hour on the ground in Bahrain.

The thought of less than one hour appeals to me, but given you have to queue up to pass through security find the new gate and board in about 40 minutes, can it be done, and just as importantly will the luggage connect?

Now I am sure they would not be advertising this service if it did not work, but has anyone got any experience of it?

Cheers

I note that Gulf Air and some agents are advertising flights to London with less than one hour on the ground in Bahrain.

The thought of less than one hour appeals to me, but given you have to queue up to pass through security find the new gate and board in about 40 minutes, can it be done, and just as importantly will the luggage connect?

Now I am sure they would not be advertising this service if it did not work, but has anyone got any experience of it?

Cheers

It can be done, BUT it depends on whether the first sector is on time. If time is critical I wouldn't even consider it - GF are often delayed & it's unlikely that they'll hold the onward flight back.

Cheers

It can be done, BUT it depends on whether the first sector is on time. If time is critical I wouldn't even consider it - GF are often delayed & it's unlikely that they'll hold the onward flight back.

Last time I flew with Gulf, they did on my way to Paris.

I was told by some staff that the onward flights to Europe are mostly delayed because of this practice.

From Europe to BKK though no such luck.

I don't fly Gulf anymore because of the very very poor standard of their A340's serving Bangkok even in 1st class.

cheers

onzestan