• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Oil And Gas Jobs. I'm A Offshore Barge Tankerman. Where To Start?

I work on the east coast of the U.S. . I'm a merchant mariner with a US coastguard document saying i can handle dagerous liquids and poison's offshore. My job title is Tankerman and i've been doing this for about 8 years transporting gas and oil mostly. My vessel is a 80K barrell offshore barge and I work a day for day rotation. My question's for the ppl here working offshore. Is there anything in Thailand or other place near by that would fit my job description? I've searched and can't find anything I'm familar with. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Jody

I work on the east coast of the U.S. . I'm a merchant mariner with a US coastguard document saying i can handle dagerous liquids and poison's offshore. My job title is Tankerman and i've been doing this for about 8 years transporting gas and oil mostly. My vessel is a 80K barrell offshore barge and I work a day for day rotation. My question's for the ppl here working offshore. Is there anything in Thailand or other place near by that would fit my job description? I've searched and can't find anything I'm familar with. Any help would be appreciated. TIA.

Jody

Jody,

Think you may have problem in SEA finding something, not because of you experience or skills, most likely to do with the amount of money you would be looking for....98% of the staff are from SEA...

You could try Tidewater Britoil or Mermaid maritime they have vessels operating in the gulf and other areas in SEA

Jody

With 8 years of discharges presumably you've gotten your AB rating and could sit for a mates license by now? I'm not sure if it's still the case but about 20 years ago semi submersible rigs required merchant mariners as stability officers. That might be one way to go. I did one 3 month rotation in that role. I didn't like it, but you may.

Jody

Jody,

Think you may have problem in SEA finding something, not because of you experience or skills, most likely to do with the amount of money you would be looking for....98% of the staff are from SEA...

You could try Tidewater Britoil or Mermaid maritime they have vessels operating in the gulf and other areas in SEA

Jody

With 8 years of discharges presumably you've gotten your AB rating and could sit for a mates license by now? I'm not sure if it's still the case but about 20 years ago semi submersible rigs required merchant mariners as stability officers. That might be one way to go. I did one 3 month rotation in that role. I didn't like it, but you may.

Unfortunatey I don't have my AB. I worked the Mississippi for 6 years and it wasn't required. It's still not requied for what I do but I have enough sea time to get a AB special. I've meaning to take the course but I spend all my off time in BKK lol. I'm going to do a search and check into the semi submerible rigs and the companies Tomkagai sugested. Thanks for the heads up guys

Jody

• 1 year later...
if you work day for day rotation you can spend 6 months in thailand ?? being offshore is offshore, be it in thailand or US waters...

Dont fully understand your question ??

If working offshore in Thailand you are on a work permit/extension of stay so you could stay as long as you want...