Buy Home In Thai Nominee (gf) Name And Lease It Back

Me and my Thai GF have a baby together and are interested in buying a land+home from a reputed property developer in her name and leasing it to me for 30 years. I will have the required funds transfered to her account via multiple ATM CASH deposits so the source of the funds cannot be traced to me. I have heard that there are Thai land laws which prohibit purchase of property by a foreigner using a Thai nominee (Thai GF).

If so:

1. How often are these laws enforced?

2. Does the Thai "land office" where the land transfers are made enforce these laws?

3. Will the Thai "land office" question the purchase (source of funds) or the subsequent lease agreement between my Thai GF and me?

4. Is this a risky propositon from a legal stand point for us?

Would appreciate a response/advice from people with knowlege of similar situations.

I do plan to go through a lawyer but felt starting with Thaivisa would be a good starting point.

Thanks in advance

If it were me I would create a paper trail where the funds COULD BE traced to me, rather than what you suggest. If you are married, at the Thai land office your wife will sign an affadavit stating none of the funds came from her husband. If you're not married, non of that applies and your girlfriend can buy the home in her name with no questions asked regarding source of funds..

Under the conditions you propose, you are not a nominee, as it is in no way your house. You are merely a lessee of a home your girlfriend owns outright.

Edited by lannarebirth

heres what i did with a t/g/f. bought her the house took a lease took a loan out against her. the house was a cheap thai terrass and the loan was for twice as much. it all held water as i threw her out , usual probs, farang yak too much,lol. all registered with the land off, mine for 30yrs, now into 7/8 yrs of it. no probs and as i say it has been tested.good luck. oh, however for me, haveing a baby would put a different slant on it.