Hotels With Real High Speed Internet

jonniebkk

What hotels would people recommend in Bangkok that have real steady and fast high speed internet connections. I have heard good things about the Grand President on soi 11. What other experiences have people had and where would be some other recommendations.

Is there anyplace with something comparable to a cable connection in USA?

Yikes...I had 5 mb cable with Time Warner in the Los Angeles area for $30 a month... and.. it was REAL 5 mb.. meaning you could actually get that download speed.

Last time I checked, True was offering supposed 5 mb download/512k upload for about 2,200b a month. But I've gotten the impression that those actual speeds, especially download, are hard to come by, especially if you're trying to connect outside Thailand.

I'm not aware that BKK hotels typically are tapping into anything other/better than the usual commercial internet sources.... But I'd sure like to know..if any are.

Thanks JF...I know the connections in LOS are sh!t...but I'll be returning "home" in a couple days and for business purposes, will need a really high-speed connection for a few days. I mean, I live in Pattaya but am willing to check into a Bangkok hotel for a few days to get a decent connection...that's how pathetic internet service is in Thailand. Other services, however, are better and cheaper :o

I've read on a thread on Thaivisa that the Landmark Hotel on Sukhumvit near Nana BTS has heavyweight broadband. I considered staying there for a bit cos I need reliable connection for my FX trading but the unnecessarily pricey rooms put me off.

A good bet bet is to try renting a serviced apartment. Avoid the big ones like the plague because you'll just end up competing for bandwidth with 100 other users in the same building. Smaller, newly built or refurbished ones are best like the one I've just moved into - 10 apartments but just 2 tenants including myself. likely to stay that way for a while given the fierce competition from the big boys with their gyms, pools and what-have-you. 3 MB speed and no pi**ing about when you're trying to move a stop loss on a trade at a critical moment :o

Dynasty grand on soi 4 2,600/night its fast but nothing like america

I am currently in the states and my sisters has fiber optics and get high speed access 3092 down and 1015 up!!!

Never seen speeds like this I love it

Edited by phuketrichard

The Marriott in Bangkok is expensive but has fast, open Internet: 0.8 MB - 3+ MB depending on time of day. It can also be picked up from a 250 metre radius with a small booster dish, so any hotel room facing the Marriott can receive, provided the dish is outside the glass window.

The President Solitaire on 13 was the best connection I had while in BKK, and the room rate was around $90 USD a night, rooms were nice.

seconded

Thirded. But it's in Soi 11.

Free Wifi in the room, you get a password from the business centre downstairs. Not blazingly fast but worked and was solid. Good rooms.

RAZZ

Edited by RAZZELL

In Pattaya, Whitehouse Condetel has a CAT ADSL connection with 400 mbps real download, 100 mbps real upload speeds

Is the Whitehouse speed comparable to what the Solitaire offers or is Solitaire faster?

Whitehouse has the cheek to charge B 120 per day extra for i-net access. Maybe being low season, I can get them to throw it in for free :o