Looking For Thai Language Class In The Evening

angelal

I posted this on the Chiang Mai local forum, but have received no responses, so I thought I could try posting it here.

I spent the better part of this morning researching information on Thai language schools, on this forum and others, and I cannot find an answer to my question. I live and work in Chiang Mai, and I want to study Thai. I teach full-time at a university here in town, and before coming here I was told by them that I would be able to study Thai at the university free-of-charge. However, once I got here they told me that they only offer their course as a full-time, all-day intensive class. I work full-time during the day for them, teaching English. :o Unfortunately, I haven't yet mastered the art of being in two places at once, so I am still without a Thai class. All of the other schools I've found only offer classes during the day. I cannot take classes during the day because I work full-time. I'm only available in the evenings.

Do you know of any reputable evening beginning-Thai courses in Chiang Mai? I don't want a private tutor at this point; I'd much prefer a class with a communicative approach. Any suggestions?

Thanks.