Asus Eee Pc Battery

KohKarrang

I've found that the battery life on my eeepc isn't that great, about 1 hour if I'm using wireless, so I fell I need to buy a spare, I've found some 4400mAh for £28/THB1700 and 6600mAh for £31/THB1900 all including shipping from Hong Kong, what are the prices in pantip or any of the other shops, I'm a bit of a bargain hunter and am not prepared to give someone more money if I can find the product elsewhere for cheaper - a matter of principal - but is there a big price difference between bangkok prices and ebay prices?

Any tips on where to buy my spare battery? Are there any onlie shops in thailand where I can buy this kind of thing?

Thanks in advance!

/EDIT

I've also just seen a 'super long life' 10400mAh battery on ebay for £46/THB2800, how does this compare to prices in the malls?

Edited by KohKarrang

Regarding the battery of a EEEPC, I left my machine off for

the entire 6 weeks of our vacation time off between school

years and when I turned it on, the battery was at zero %.

I don't know if it is a design oversight, design error or if it is

just my machine that has the problem, but be warned.

I now remove the battery on weekends just for safe measure.

JFYI

Most rechargeable batteries have a self discharge rate that can be between 1% to 3% per day depending on the battery type (NiMH, NiCD, etc.. )

I had been searching quite extensively in Thailand for a spare for my Eee, but the only thing I could come up with was advice to order one from Taiwan. However, I was in Kuala Lumpur last week and found that they are freely available there - cost was 200MYR, or very roughly 2000 Baht. So if you need a visa run.....

Most rechargeable batteries have a self discharge rate that can be between 1% to 3% per day depending on the battery type (NiMH, NiCD, etc.. )

Do you know the reason for this ?

The physics of a rechargeable cell inherently has a leakage of some sort ?

I am curious as to why this is so.

Any physical chemists with battery cell experience out there ?

Thanks

so in KL they cost about THB2000, I don't really need to go there so I really need to find somewhere in bkk, any clues anybody?

I'm sure there must be somewhere to buy the spares, I haven't really looked around, too busy at the moment but I also don't really want to go out looking either, any ideas on online retailers in Thailand?

I have been looking everywhere in Fortune a few weeks ago, no spare batteries for eee.Don't know about Panthip, I never go there any more...I just ordered a 10400 mA on ebay, it should be waiting for me in Chiangmai. I will leave feedback about it here later.

I also think that when you power off you eee and leave usb devices attached, somehow they remain powered and still drain power from your battery...

Phil

One of the sellers from Hong Kong has some feedback mentioning that something bought from him started to smoke when it was plugged in, call me paranoid, I've had that happen to me here with phone chargers etc but I'm a bit concerned about sticking something onto my eee pc and then smoke comes out of it :o

There MUST be somewhere to buy these batteries here in bkk, somewhere I could take the battery back to if it didn't work or worse...

The battery I picked up in KL came from the Asus service centre, which happened to be in a mall next to my hotel. It might be worth giving the Bangkok service centre a call, I would imagine they carry spares too.

http://support.asus.com/service/service.as...SLanguage=en-us

One point to remember, the centre in KL wanted the machine's serial number before they would sell me the battery.

I have been looking everywhere in Fortune a few weeks ago, no spare batteries for eee.Don't know about Panthip, I never go there any more...I just ordered a 10400 mA on ebay, it should be waiting for me in Chiangmai. I will leave feedback about it here later.

I also think that when you power off you eee and leave usb devices attached, somehow they remain powered and still drain power from your battery...

Phil

Any news on the battery Phil?