Liquid Fertilizer For Fish Ponds

Hi looking for 10/35/0 can you buy in Thailand

16-20-0 is the normal one in that range, (black rabbit brand) now about 1050 baht a bag or you can go to Triple Superphosphate ( 0-46-0) at 2380 a bag.

16-20-0 is the normal one in that range, (black rabbit brand) now about 1050 baht a bag or you can go to Triple Superphosphate ( 0-46-0) at 2380 a bag.

Thanks but wanted Liquid Fertilizer sold in 4 litre bottles

I have been looking for it for 4 years, so if you find it let me know.

Hi can you tell me how much 16/20/0 you use in 1 rai of pond and how often thanks

Hi can you tell me how much 16/20/0 you use in 1 rai of pond and how often thanks

On a pond refill I usually start at 25-30 kg and give it a week to bloom and then adjust to get the right "colour" then 5-7 kg every fortnight to maintain.

I like to get it right and get a good colony of micro-organisms in place prior to introducing the fry.

Hello again do you think there would be enough interested if there was a distributor here

Dom,

Where I am if I fertilized the fish couldn't keep up with the algae, what do you think makes it different where you are?

Are you just kick starting the two week normal cycle? And, you add during the growing season and also feed pellets?

If my fish eat only algae they smell and taste like algae, which prompts the question.

Dom,

Where I am if I fertilized the fish couldn't keep up with the algae, what do you think makes it different where you are?

Are you just kick starting the two week normal cycle? And, you add during the growing season and also feed pellets?

If my fish eat only algae they smell and taste like algae, which prompts the question.

Yes mate,we add fertilizer regularly ,when we top up from the Klong or get heavy rain the water colour goes brownish.

Are you getting run-off from pigs sty,s or anything like that ?and are you getting algeal bloom on the surface, of your pond,s?

If you dip your arm in the pond halfway between wrist and elbow then turn your wrist so your fingers and palm are parallel with the surface you should just be able to see your fingers, I used to use a Secchi Disc but I,m to lazy to get it out now.

We feed pellets and ram twice a day,If we are trying to limit growth to suit our market we feed pellets evening and ram only in the mornings.

Dom,

I get very little run off and none from anywhere near animals. I would use the disk, but from almost day one, the visibility has been a steady 3" or 8 cm. Partly due to suspended clay particles and the remainder due to algae. Between the clay and the tilapia the algae seems under control, but without either one of those two factors everything would be covered with algae.

I have no bloom and feed once every day with pellets.

I had at one time considered using gypsum to clear the water, but was afraid of the algae.

Edited by allcladrad

Dom,

Yes mate,we add fertilizer regularly ,when we top up from the Klong or get heavy rain the water colour goes brownish.

Are you getting run-off from pigs sty,s or anything like that ?and are you getting algeal bloom on the surface, of your pond,s?

If you dip your arm in the pond halfway between wrist and elbow then turn your wrist so your fingers and palm are parallel with the surface you should just be able to see your fingers, I used to use a Secchi Disc but I,m to lazy to get it out now.

We feed pellets and ram twice a day,If we are trying to limit growth to suit our market we feed pellets evening and ram only in the mornings.

As a follow up to your fish smelling and tasting like algae (whatever that tastes like).

T/W tells me that nearly all pond fish take on that taste and smell towards the end of the dry season as their oil content decreases and that over the wet they build the oil up again and by rice harvest they are ok again. She says that frogs and all sorts of critters they eat do the same.

Now my missus is a bloody know all so who am I to argue. :o

T/W tells me that nearly all pond fish take on that taste and smell towards the end of the dry season as their oil content decreases and that over the wet they build the oil up again and by rice harvest they are ok again. She says that frogs and all sorts of critters they eat do the same.

The taste comes from some kinds of algae. If you have the opportunity to put the fish in some clear water for a week or so prior to harvest (yeah I know, probably not), the muddy taste will be reduced. And the locals don't care much so its not really a going concern. But if you're eating them yourself...

Is that liquid fertilizer a dark green color? My wife came home a couple weeks ago with several plastic Coke bottles filled with what she said was fertilizer.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that liquid fertilizer a dark green color? My wife came home a couple weeks ago with several plastic Coke bottles filled with what she said was fertilizer.

Three similar possible sources that I know of:

1: The effluent from composting

2: The effluent from vermiculture (worm farming) - great stuff.

3: Effluent from biodigesters - fluid fraction again great stuff.

:o

• 4 weeks later...

Three similar possible sources that I know of:

1: The effluent from composting

2: The effluent from vermiculture (worm farming) - great stuff.

3: Effluent from biodigesters - fluid fraction again great stuff.

:o

I did ask my wife where that green liquid stuff came from. It apparently comes from a farm that makes methane gas from hog-shit. There is some sugar cane somehow involved in the process. Amazingly the stuff is quite clear and a deep green color. I have no idea if it is any good. The wife doesn't seem too impressed with it.

1lt for half rai pond and then add 250cc when needed

safe66, 1 litre would give 320ml of phosphorus , at a cost of 150 bt per litre ,its cost equivalant would be 7.5 kg of 10/20/0 granulated which provides 1.5 kg of Phosphorus.

My question would be ,is 320ml of liquid P more effective than 1.5 kg of granular P ?

Have you actually "greened" a 1/2 rai freshly filled pond and got good micro-organism growth with only 1 litre of liquid 10/32/0.

From my experience ,it can take up to 10 kg of effective Phosphorus to kick start a 1/2 rai pond and a maintenance dose of 1.5 kg per fortnight.

safe66, 1 litre would give 320ml of phosphorus , at a cost of 150 bt per litre ,its cost equivalant would be 7.5 kg of 10/20/0 granulated which provides 1.5 kg of Phosphorus.

My question would be ,is 320ml of liquid P more effective than 1.5 kg of granular P ?

Have you actually "greened" a 1/2 rai freshly filled pond and got good micro-organism growth with only 1 litre of liquid 10/32/0.

From my experience ,it can take up to 10 kg of effective Phosphorus to kick start a 1/2 rai pond and a maintenance dose of 1.5 kg per fortnight.

answer to your queston yes just put in a pond and yes it did green fast would you like 1 lt to try in one of your ponds ,i can send you litre if you want to try for yourself ..

answer to your queston yes just put in a pond and yes it did green fast would you like 1 lt to try in one of your ponds ,i can send you litre if you want to try for yourself ..

Actually we do have a 1 rai pond emptied a fortnight ago, am waiting to check when Nam Sai Farm will have fry available before I fill it so will get back to you when I sort out the schedule and give it a try, I dont mind buying a 4 litre drum if you reckon its the bees knees.

That pond is only separated from a swampy pond full of catfish by an access track so I have to erect a fish fence every time we fill and stock it ,especially during the wet when the catties go walkabout.

Actually we do have a 1 rai pond emptied a fortnight ago, am waiting to check when Nam Sai Farm will have fry available before I fill it so will get back to you when I sort out the schedule and give it a try, I dont mind buying a 4 litre drum if you reckon its the bees knees.

That pond is only separated from a swampy pond full of catfish by an access track so I have to erect a fish fence every time we fill and stock it ,especially during the wet when the catties go walkabout.

no probs just give me your address and il send it to you . Edited by safe66

• 2 weeks later...

got it sitting here waiting to be sent so when ever you are ready

• 3 weeks later...