What Is This Used For?

support.jpg

i have seen many ppl using this equipment in their car. But i'm not sure what is this called or how this helps the performance of the car. Can anybody please shed some light regarding this?

i'm having few more problems such as:

1. My car is manual gear. The clutch has gone really hard to press. I get tired while in the traffic. how do i fix it ?

2. for last few days, i have noticed the light of the gauge meter has gone really dim. I can barely see the speed meter at night. Even though the head light and others are functioning well. what do i have to do here?

my car: lancer 95.

thanks so much.

Well that is called a Strut tower brace. It helps the cars handling.

1. When the clutch is hard to press down it is usually the unit, faulty throw out bearing. To fit it...I would recommend replacing the entire clutch unit including flywheel as well.

2. You probably need to change the bulbs inside your intrument cluster.

support.jpg

i have seen many ppl using this equipment in their car. But i'm not sure what is this called or how this helps the performance of the car. Can anybody please shed some light regarding this?

It will not help the performance of your car, forget you ever saw it.

i'm having few more problems such as:

1. My car is manual gear. The clutch has gone really hard to press. I get tired while in the traffic. how do i fix it ?

Take your car to the last mechanics you used, they seemed to be above average for thailand, and let us know what they say first. If you don't fix it something is going to break and leave you stranded

2. for last few days, i have noticed the light of the gauge meter has gone really dim. I can barely see the speed meter at night. Even though the head light and others are functioning well. what do i have to do here?

Maybe best to do nothing. This is a classic job where screws will be left out, a half-assed job done, and a resultant rattle which will drive you mad until you get rid of the car

my car: lancer 95.

thanks so much.

Edited by goldfish

Strut braces are used for giving the body/chassis rigidity and prevent twisting and movement.Not needed on a road car but essential on race cars with suspension mods and powerful engines.

Strut braces are usually used in the engine bay and behind the seats for mid section strength.

Unless its an Evo or tuned Mitsu used for racing,its prety much useless.

Don't tell that to a Thai though, they look so bling! Actually wouldn't mind one for my car but the air fliter box is in the way:(

Edited by culicine

Are you sure you have not got a dashboard lightdimmer somwehere ?

yes you are right. you just realized me how stupid i'm when it comes to cars. i switched the dimmer high and it is as clear as new.

thanks.

Hahaha, how do you think i know..... nothing stupid about it.. :o

Don't tell that to a Thai though, they look so bling! Actually wouldn't mind one for my car but the air fliter box is in the way:(

What you don't have a cold air inlet? :o Well Ok I don't on my Suzuki truck but its for work. Now I'm thinking though I'll have to investigate.

hhmmm, thought I saw something like that in a BDSM catalogue once..... :o

Don't think it would improve speed, but definitely improves handling. :D

As said, it helps handling. If you think about the arrnagement of your suspension and where the strut brace goes it will help locate or keep the strut "in the correct place" when cornering. You can get lower strut braces too, which would make the front or rear connected in a rectangle (if you get me). They do help lower tyre wear too as there will be less play/movement between the towers.

However, a word of warning, if you do fit one, it would be best to have a rear one or two, so that your not doing things by halves.

If its just for show then go for it.

As for the lights, I was going to recommend a bad earth somewhere. At least it was just a simple fix though

Dan (on louises id )

Edited by loubrockbank