Any Good Pots / New Spots In Muk?

corkman

Any good restraunts or bars in / opening in Mukdahan? Somehwere with either:

(a) A bit of an expat feel

(:o A bt of a "southern" feel

Just wondering.......

I did hear of a place opposite Ploy Palace - that still there? Whats it called?

Any good restraunts or bars in / opening in Mukdahan? Somehwere with either:

(a) A bit of an expat feel

( :o A bt of a "southern" feel

Just wondering.......

I did hear of a place opposite Ploy Palace - that still there? Whats it called?

Hi Corkman,

I've been in Mukdahan 6 years now and its still relatively farang free as far as people that have settled here permanently go. There are many more visitors lately taking advantage of the Savannakhet visa run and as you rightly point out there is a coffe shop/bar just round the corner from the Ploy Palace Hotel (next door to the A-1-1 restaurant) which seems to be a focal point for westerners. I don't know what its called .. as for new bars opening its really down to the farangs already established here to get something going.

The place by the Ploy Palace is called Ban Cafe, Owned by an American, Ralph. Coffee, soft drinks, beer, no food, however, the 111 next door is happy to serve you at Ban Cafe. From what I hear through the coconut telegraph, Ralph would like to sell as he has something else in the works.

The only other farang owned/oriented place is Mac's, also owned by an American, John. From immigration, go to the tower road, turn left, then left again across from an under construction/new hotel on a small soi that goes toward the Indo Chin market. IIRC, it is the 2nd left. Mac's is on the right, across from a wat.

That's all that I know of. If anyone knows of any other place, please list it here.

The place by the Ploy Palace is called Ban Cafe, Owned by an American, Ralph. Coffee, soft drinks, beer, no food, however, the 111 next door is happy to serve you at Ban Cafe. From what I hear through the coconut telegraph, Ralph would like to sell as he has something else in the works.

The only other farang owned/oriented place is Mac's, also owned by an American, John. From immigration, go to the tower road, turn left, then left again across from an under construction/new hotel on a small soi that goes toward the Indo Chin market. IIRC, it is the 2nd left. Mac's is on the right, across from a wat.

That's all that I know of. If anyone knows of any other place, please list it here.

I'll give that place "Macs" a look, and definitely give "Bans Place" a look too - and we could grab a much from the 111 next door too while we are at it :o

I've heard mutterings of a place called "boss bar" - and appently there is a disco of sorts in the Muk Grand Hotel?