Foreigners Allowed To Own Apartments In Vietnam, But Must Meet Criteria, Government Says

"be married to a Vietnamese citizen, be recognized by the prime minister or president for having made a great contribution to the country, have made direct investments in Vietnam, or have special skills and knowledge that Vietnam needs."

Hmm... I don't think everyone is married to a Vietnamese citizan, and the other stuff is just so open to corruption it is unbelievable - NO WAY would I invest there.

What do you care PKRV? Worried about Thailand getting passed by VN?

no...

Bingo told us to invest in Vietnam and now he posted that Vietnam is heading for a forex crash.. we just don't know what to do :o

Oh well ok, then take PKRV's warning ' 'other stuff is just so open to corruption' -- but WAIT I don't need to tell you that, do I? You live in Samui? Selling propeprties there mate? Maybe leaseholds 30+30+30 gauranteeed 8+% yield?? :D

No darling... :D

I am a Thai citizen I own my land and my house and I don't need to sell to anyone. :D

Really? How much did that cost. Not the land - the citizenship :D

Edited by thaigene2

"be married to a Vietnamese citizen, be recognized by the prime minister or president for having made a great contribution to the country, have made direct investments in Vietnam, or have special skills and knowledge that Vietnam needs."

Hmm... I don't think everyone is married to a Vietnamese citizan, and the other stuff is just so open to corruption it is unbelievable - NO WAY would I invest there.

no...

Bingo told us to invest in Vietnam and now he posted that Vietnam is heading for a forex crash.. we just don't know what to do :o

Oh well ok, then take PKRV's warning ' 'other stuff is just so open to corruption' -- but WAIT I don't need to tell you that, do I? You live in Samui? Selling propeprties there mate? Maybe leaseholds 30+30+30 gauranteeed 8+% yield?? :D

I am a Thai citizen I own my land and my house and I don't need to sell to anyone. :D

not to much actually. the embarrassing thing is to sing in front of the committee.

its so good to be able to do what I want and own what I want.

the good thing is that since i got the citizenship I have many farrangs begging me to be a partner in a Thai company :D and i got a nice discount at condo building in BKK that needed the 49% Thai owners.

if you just follow the law you can too :D

no...

not to much actually. the embarrassing thing is to sing in front of the committee.

its so good to be able to do what I want and own what I want.

the good thing is that since i got the citizenship I have many farrangs begging me to be a partner in a Thai company :D and i got a nice discount at condo building in BKK that needed the 49% Thai owners.

if you just follow the law you can too :D

VERY interesting indeed. I know a few well-off people have done this (e.g. Mr Pizza guy - after he got burnt in the usual thai-patner fashion - so he then played "if you can't beat em join em" - smart guy), but is it really that easy? I mean, it's hard enough just to get PR isn't it? Assuming we are males, not married to influential Thais, is this still really a 'legitimate' route for many of us? Or is it just a very expensive pipedream that leads nowhere?

no...

Bingo told us to invest in Vietnam and now he posted that Vietnam is heading for a forex crash.. we just don't know what to do :D

highdiver that was very, very wicked - :o:D:D:D:D

thaigene2 - Don't be silly especially with 'bingobongoffers' for property ownership such as this one :D .

None the less it takes a long time to build a picture of an entire continent. It is conceivable that I may wish to limit my risks by buying in another country in the region. I have just not seen anywhere else with such a good offer on the table as Thailand (for condominiums/freehold).

Please don't mention Malasia - NO WAY - laws are still based on one Religious view point - NO WAY - everything can be stolen on real or trumped up charges.

<edit - Oh I should have said a Thai passport would be great - you would get through airport security SOOOOOO much quicker - just don't know who to go about it /end edit>

Edited by pkrv