Non-imm Expire In 7 Days -tourist Visa Advice Pls

Gentlemen, I need advice as my time is running out! Have Non-Imm B expiring next Tues 26th Oct. Do I visit Immigration Office (Pattaya) on the same day for a 7 day (1,900 bht) extension? Or should I go on the 25th?

Also, reading Forum postings make me re-think my plan to go to Phnom Phen to request my Tourist Visa. I have been working legally as an Ajarn for 2.5 years unbroken time, so I think I have a clean 'history', but I want someone to say, "Jim, go to Penang as you originally planned, it's relatively hassle free". Y/N?

Finally, I read somewhere that the 60 day Tourist Visa is/was renewable for another 60 days. T/F? Can I apply for a 60 T Visa and get a Multiple Re-entry stamp at the same time, to save a run after the first 60 days are up?

As you have 2 1/2 years of unbroken visa, why can't you get an extension based on your job?

Has the job finished?

You have left it rather late to be asking for advice.

Once you get a Tourist visa you won't be able to work any longer.

Penang will be the best option for the Tourist Visa.

Thanks for your responses. Astral: yes the job has finished, and I only want to re-enter on a hopefully re-newable Tourist visa until Winter is over, then the plan is to go and teach in China. Late? My university Thai staff told me all I have to do was apply for up to 2x7 day extensions on the same day that the Working visa and extension expired. Hence my posting here...mainly to confirm this understand - which seems to be what you and kenkannif are both agreeing to.

My main concern was which is the most 'user-friendly' consulate? And it certainly seems that Penang comes up trumps each time!

Can I confirm again, with kenkannif....a triple Tourist visa would equate to 3x60 days, each with a 30 day extension available all for only the one trip to Penang at the start and the extensions handled here within Thailand at any Immigration office...correct?

Thanks for your responses. Astral: yes the job has finished, and I only want to re-enter on a hopefully re-newable Tourist visa until Winter is over, then the plan is to go and teach in China. Late? My university Thai staff told me all I have to do was apply for up to 2x7 day extensions on the same day that the Working visa and extension expired. Hence my posting here...mainly to confirm this understand - which seems to be what you and kenkannif are both agreeing to.

My main concern was which is the most 'user-friendly' consulate? And it certainly seems that Penang comes up trumps each time!

Can I confirm again, with kenkannif....a triple Tourist visa would equate to 3x60 days, each with a 30 day extension available all for only the one trip to Penang at the start and the extensions handled here within Thailand at any Immigration office...correct?

The validity of a double or triple visa is 6 months. With extensions you will run out of time to use the 3rd entry ( ie. if they do grant a triple entry )

You'll get a tad under 9 months cover with a triple entry tourist.

Just make sure you exit and re-enter the day before (or can you do it the same day) that 6 months activation period is up! And yes you get the 30 day extensions at Immigration!

Penang are pretty good at issuing triple tourist Visa with an activation period of 6 months, and potential cover of almost 9 months! I know some people for one last week! I think you might need help from a kosher Visa agent (NJ Bookstore for example!). The people I know paid 3,600 all in for the Visas (I think), which isn't bad at all!

Firstly, I want to genuinely express my thanks to you all for your clear and practical advice.

Kenkaniff:

This'll be my first trip to Penang, and I've never had to use an agent (easy applications in Perth and Singapore before) so what's the location of

NJ Bookstore? Now that would be in Georgetown,Penang, I guess?

I have read that most people use an agent and just hang around the hotel swimming pool until the paperwork gets delivered back. T/F ?

I that is the case, any suggestions on good hotels? Are the beach hotels THAT far away from Georgetown to become a hassle or an extra drain on cash?

Any ideas on the nightlife...I heard conflicting reports of they, the Malaysians are trying to spice it up as the island has a reputation as being dull after dark.

Thanks again.

NJ is located in Georgetown on Lebuh Chulia in front of the Swiss Hotel........ive used them a few times never any problems. Recommend the Hotel Continental (not the Grand Continental, there are 2) its located on Jalan Penang at the sea end...room approx 1000 baht/night has pool......if you stay there when you come out the hotel front door turn right go over the roundabout there are a couple of bars there. Personally wouldnt bother staying out at the beaches......but its up to you. Also if you go down by train change a bit of money at the border you/ll need it for the ferry. If you do a google search you can book the continental online..........one last thing Thai Consulate may be closed on Monday the 25th for holiday. Have a good one! :o