Does My Thai Gf Need A Visa To Visit Belgium

hi guy's,

want to take my thai gf to my home country belgium for 2 weeks vacation.

dose she need a visa for that.

and will she get it easy.

she tells me it's not so easy for thai girls to get a visa for other then asian country's.

grtz dennis

Yes she needs a visa

I have been told but have no evidence its much easier for Belgium than say the UK - I am British but lived in Belgium so had enquired with some people I know about this.

Anecdotally I saw at least 2 Thai girls in Brussels who I had seen in Bangkok - I used to go to the Thai Wat in Wimbeldon and the Thai Food Festival and only ever saw 1 I knew of previously in Thailand among a much higher number except for friends wives and girlfriends

hi guy's,

want to take my thai gf to my home country belgium for 2 weeks vacation.

dose she need a visa for that.

and will she get it easy.

she tells me it's not so easy for thai girls to get a visa for other then asian country's.

grtz dennis

Yes a Thai national needs a visa to visit Belgium (short visit less than 90 days).

If she is married to you and you are a Belgium national, there is no reasons why she should not get the required visit visa.

Sorry I just saw you said 'gf' but it still applies.

The requirements are sufficient funds (her own or a sponsor), health insurance for the proposed visit period, return air tickets, accommodation evidence (can be hotel reservation or invitation to a private home). Apply day 1,pick-up day 3 sometimes with an interview.

http://www.diplomatie.be/Bangkok/default.asp

This visa will be valid for all Shenghen countries

She needs to show she will leave after the short visit.

If the intention is to stay, she will need to apply for another kind of visa and provide more paperwork and it will take much longer to approve

Edited by Krub