How Much Would You Pay For A Good Breakfast

highlander76

nothing beats Mad Dogs breakfast... in terms of value for money :D

Oh, I'm not sure about that.. and certainly not the friendliest service in my experience (I've had breakfast there 3 or 4 times). I much prefer the breakfast and the service in The Half Moon - just around the corner from Mad Dog, on Soi 2. Breakfast at the Half Moon is 120b for a normal sized breakfast and 140b for the full monty including tea/coffee, orange juice, etc. The best value breakfast in Chiang Mai imho.

To answer the original poster, I think their price would need to come close to this - 160b max I reckon. As it gets closer to 200b I think a lot of people would be put off. I would anyway! Good luck with the venture though. I'd like to get my hands on some black pudding... mmm...

Have to agree the Half Moon brekkie is very good value and very tasty yum yum :o

Found a great new place and lucky me its in the front of my village. Its called California Wraps. They label themselves a Mexican food place but they have everything. 45 for a breakfast sandwich which is either on a home made Biscuit or a cross between a Mexican bowleo and a French bagget. One egg with homemade sausage. I always add another egg for 10 baht more and can add cheese for another 10 baht for a total of 65 baht for a big sandwich with salsa. A breakfast burrito for 40 baht.

Good prices, good food. Out next to the Rim Ping in Kad Farang Market place just before you get to Hang Dong.

Her prices are cheap because she makes everything, the bread, the sausage, the tortillas.

I also can recommend this place - good food - good price and very clean as well

I'll second that, its great there! Try the breakfast sandwich without the biscuit.... I thought it was a lot nicer

Can you guys give clear directions as to where this place is.

Thanks...

10ish KM up the hang dong road, left hand side you will see a place called 'kad falang' a big place with many little shops like rimping supermarket, black canyon coffee etc. its next to the entrance to rimping on the right hand side.

\thanks

The owner is a nice Thai lady that has lived in California for a long time so her English is perfect. Getting advice if you were thinking about moving out that way or just getting your order correct.. these are the little things that make this place perfect. She is also thinking about putting in regular coffee with free refills.. ... now this is something that we Americans miss here in thailand ... the bottomless coffee cup!!! For the time being she has espresso and cappuccino at low prices.

Update she now has free WIFI so bring your laptops if you like.

Swain,

Could you add some google map ?

I am collecting maps for all the places of interest for Chiang Mai.

thanks

How much would you pay for a good quality full english breakfast? As you all know I posted a topic on finding a good black pudding now I have what I think is the best breakfast in Chiang Mai :o ,the owner of bar where it is cooked now wants to put it on has menu but what to charge for it you get is fresh ground coffee , 3 rashers of bacon ,1 egg, 1 yorkie english sausage,1 slice of yorkie black pudding ,baked beans,fried bread and fried potatoes.

I would pay 120 baht for your full English breakfast. if you leave out tthe bacon, add another egg and scramble them, add another sausage, but make them both either American or Italian, leave out the blood and beans , substitute "fried bread for whole wheat toast. Potatoes sound nice. Sure, sign me up.

I found it after 2 years looking, and only 90 Baht ! Its called ' A Stitch in

Time. A cozy and quiet place. Kat, the lovely cook and Steve a Brit,

run the place. Located in Soi 6 ( Somphat Market) Moon Muang.

2 eggs as you like, 2 bacon, a big fat tastey sausage, fried taters,beans,

2 toast and fresh brew coffee. Just go thru the market, about 200 meters on the left. She makes great fried rice and chicken cashue too.

Bon Appatite. (sp ?) no parlay vou franchai :o

How much would you pay for a good quality full english breakfast? As you all know I posted a topic on finding a good black pudding now I have what I think is the best breakfast in Chiang Mai :D ,the owner of bar where it is cooked now wants to put it on has menu but what to charge for it you get is fresh ground coffee , 3 rashers of bacon ,1 egg, 1 yorkie english sausage,1 slice of yorkie black pudding ,baked beans,fried bread and fried potatoes.

I would pay 120 baht for your full English breakfast. if you leave out tthe bacon, add another egg and scramble them, add another sausage, but make them both either American or Italian, leave out the blood and beans , substitute "fried bread for whole wheat toast. Potatoes sound nice. Sure, sign me up.

That's great.

It reminds of the two customers I had. True story. One ordered Fish and Chips and the other ordered bangers and mash - but he didn't like sausages ('snags' to our Antipodean friends) so he changed that to fish and he wanted chips instead of mashed potato.

Sorry, It's not true.

I made it up.

:o

Now hang on mate, why do you call it a good english breakfast I would call it continental :o I guess

there is many nationalities which eat the same type. You call it black pudding I would call it

blutwurst. But besides that, I pay anything for a good meal and I would never complain about the

price of it unless it is really bad.

• 3 months later...
Queen Victoria's breakfast is 140Baht, Big sausage, two big rashers of back bacon, two fried eggs, baked beans, sauteed potatoes with onions, green peppers and/or mushrooms, fried tomato, big slice of toasted wholewheat bread with butter and a pot of Tetley's tea.

They open at 8AM. Great Omlet with side salad for 100b. New Swiss/Thai ownership. Nice couple Pascal and Kitty. Saturday night buffet is all you can eat carvings lamb beef chicken pork etc. Special occasion? Phone ahead for the candlight treatment! 8 nice rooms at 600-800b. Mostly english speaking patrons. Yes I like the teapots too!