Non Immigrant B Visa (business) From Kl Malaysia

Information for fellow suffers.

Returned from KL, Malaysia and was able to obtain a 1 year multiple entry visa, Non Immigrant B.

I had with me:

1/ Letter from my employer plus other relevant documents.

2/ A valid 3 month work permit due to expire in 7 days.

Next hurdle in May 2009.

:o happy

That is good news, as i am off to the exact same thing on June 9th. I too will have a work permit valid for about another 14 days and a letter from employer with forms and pay slips etc.

What hotel did you stay in, for how much and where was it?

That is good news, as i am off to the exact same thing on June 9th. I too will have a work permit valid for about another 14 days and a letter from employer with forms and pay slips etc.

What hotel did you stay in, for how much and where was it?

Stayed in the Swiss Garden, for 540MR for 2 nights. Good location and great hotel, although their are many cheaper. I decided to treat myself. Its a taxi ride to the Thai embassy, and after its a real long walk but at least you get to see the KL sights. I booked through latesavers.com

:o:D :D Nice to help, please add your experience when you come back from KL. Make sure you dress the part when you go to the Thai embassy, as I think the period of the visa is at the discretion of the staff. Thats about it.

:o:D:D Nice to help, please add your experience when you come back from KL. Make sure you dress the part when you go to the Thai embassy, as I think the period of the visa is at the discretion of the staff. Thats about it.

You like to give details about your visa and wp history?

NonB multiple, the first, or a follow up?

Wp, new, or 1 year old, or longer

staying in Thailand long and doing only visaruns after 90 days, or multiple entries, means MANY a year?

Things like that, i mean.

Thx.

:o:D:D Nice to help, please add your experience when you come back from KL. Make sure you dress the part when you go to the Thai embassy, as I think the period of the visa is at the discretion of the staff. Thats about it.

Can you add some details, to help me, trying to understand it?

That means:

First NonB multiple, or another one?

fresh WP, or having longer

Long term staying inn Thailand, already, with only visa runs every 90 days, or Passport clean by entries of this lenght?

Would give a better overview, minimum for me!

;-)

Thx!

Can you add some details, to help me, trying to understand it?

That means:

First NonB multiple, or another one?

fresh WP, or having longer

Long term staying inn Thailand, already, with only visa runs every 90 days, or Passport clean by entries of this lenght?

Would give a better overview, minimum for me!

;-)

Thx!

Renewal of Visa just before the expiry of the below.

New Job, with New 90 day WP after obtaining my 90 day Non imm B from Penang.

I have had Non Imm B before but not for a long time.

Hope this helps

Thanks, it is helpfull, a bit!

'Cause it is NOT showing, that they would grant the visa, if you had a longterm history of using multiple B's, with this wp, but staying always in thailand.

And it works a bit like that, what I think, what can be the reason, for yes or no:

New wp, so new job, so they not knowing, how you handle your staying, and how you use your multiple visa. Maybe in the future you are leaving the country twice a month? maybe you will apply for extension, inside your validity of the visa.

They will see it next year!

Actually, it is still an open question!

For me, the 'worst case scenario' would be a post, that said something like "x years already wp, x times already non-B multiple in this passport and only visatrips outside, but still got today my non-b multiple here in in Kl" (or Penang, I got told, someone got last week a multiple there, but no details, till now!).

Than I would agree, that its "up2embassy/consulate-people"

Thanks for answering my question.

Edited by NoNoNo

"Strange" I was only given a 90 day one entry in April (KL)

The embassy staff quoted a missing signiture in my work permit under the last stamp allowing a 1 yr multi Non B.

I have a brand new passport with only the current traveling stamps in, so no history.

My current W/P has 16 X 90 day stamps.

I had all the required docs but no letter from the labor dept. (or signiture)

I need to go again in July. I will try again for the 1 yr but if not, then back to Oz in Oct for the multi 1 yrB.

My lawyer says he knew nothing of this signiture??

But he prefers me to do the 3 monthly trips as it makes it easier for him to do my tax for some reason!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

Just wondering if anybody else made the trip to KL to obtain the 1 year multiple non immigrant B.

I need to renew my non immigrant B in August and was hoping someone could share their experience.

gusgorman mentioned he was going down on June 9th, perhaps he can tell us how it went

I currently have a single entry non immigrant business visa valid for 3 months. I obtained it in Vientiane, only because I was pressed for time to return to my home country in the US. My passport has history. I previously had a 1 year multiple entry B which I obtained in the US from last year, and Penang from the year before. I also have a 1 year wp and all required documents. Nothing from the labor department though. Hopefully I’ll fair well. I’ll let you folks know how it went if I end up going to KL. Or maybe Singapore is a sure thing.

The embassy staff quoted a missing signiture in my work permit under the last stamp allowing a 1 yr multi Non B.

Is there anybody with some more experience on this topic, who can explain a bit more about this pre-approval / signature from the Labour office? How can you get it? Go to the labour office and simply ask for it? Do you need some other papers for this?

I'll call our labour office tomorrow and ask them about it, but I fear they'll simply tell me "no problem"

Most people I have asked about this so far (lawyer) didn't know anything about this either and told me it wasn't necessary, but as one of the above posts confirms, at the embassy they DO consider it to be an issue.

We're not talking about the WP3 form that you need to apply for a non B 90days when you don't have your WP yet, but a signature/letter that goes with your existing WP when applying for a new 1yr multi non B visa.

Cheers

Is there anybody with some more experience on this topic, who can explain a bit more about this pre-approval / signature from the Labour office? How can you get it? Go to the labour office and simply ask for it? Do you need some other papers for this?

I'll call our labour office tomorrow and ask them about it, but I fear they'll simply tell me "no problem"

Most people I have asked about this so far (lawyer) didn't know anything about this either and told me it wasn't necessary, but as one of the above posts confirms, at the embassy they DO consider it to be an issue.

We're not talking about the WP3 form that you need to apply for a non B 90days when you don't have your WP yet, but a signature/letter that goes with your existing WP when applying for a new 1yr multi non B visa.

Cheers

When you apply to extend the permission on your work permit (which is the same date as your 'admitted until' on your latest visa stamp), you do this at Labour before your existing permission expires using form WP5.

When your WP5 extension application is successfully accepted, you are issued with a receipt which states that you have applied for your work permit permission to be extended.

There is also a stamp from labour that they put towards the back of your workpermit, when you apply to labour to increase your stated salary or work period, say from 6 months to 1 year.

• 7 months later...
Is anybody can tell me how much is the multiple ( non-:o visa now in Kota Bahru or in Penang?
Is the Thai consulate in Kota bahru gives one year visa (non :D because I've been to Penang and I got only 3 months visa. anyone can please answer me.

The visa will be the equal to 5000 baht in ringet. The KL website says $142.50 US.

There have not been any recent reports on getting a multiple entry B in Kota Bharu.

Here is a link to their website it gives contact info and office hours. The rest of the info on the site is worthless. http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2849.php?depid=221

Suggest you contact them for info.

If you are interested in more recent info on KL see the pinned topic latest reports of getting visas in the region at the top of page one of this forum. There are some reports about Kota Bharu there also.

I got a one year multiple entry last year at KL.

I gave them work permit (had at least 4 years history), company letter, my tax returns, registration of my company (I am an owner) etc etc.

At first they issued a 3 month multiple entry, but then they wrote (in Thai) on the page that this is actually a one year multiple entry visa and I had no problem enterring Thailand many many times over a year.

still the best place to get your visa, but call in advance as the embassy's hours make it tight to fly from Thailand into KL take the ridiculously long ride from the airport and catch them same morning before they close. Thus you might need an extra day if your flight is late.

I got a one year multiple entry last year at KL.

I gave them work permit (had at least 4 years history), company letter, my tax returns, registration of my company (I am an owner) etc etc.

At first they issued a 3 month multiple entry, but then they wrote (in Thai) on the page that this is actually a one year multiple entry visa and I had no problem enterring Thailand many many times over a year.

still the best place to get your visa, but call in advance as the embassy's hours make it tight to fly from Thailand into KL take the ridiculously long ride from the airport and catch them same morning before they close. Thus you might need an extra day if your flight is late.

Only 30 mins from the airport to Sentral using the KLIA Express train. Then another 15 mins tops using the Red Line mono-rail to Ampang Park, near the Embassy.

I think most visa runners count on 2 nights in KL for good measure