Lets Say You Had 5 Million Baht, Where Would You Invest

TH,

Thousand apologies....still very used to referring to PTT as PTT/PTTEP.....not PTT/EP and PTTCHEM, I would go a bit heavier on the PTTEP side, seeing as they are getting their fingers into the international exploration big time...

The 16-5-2008 I put a small reply in the topic

Benzene May Hit 45 Baht Per Litre & Diesel Could Hit 38 Baht Per Litre In The Next Few Days

My Post :

Suggesting gaz / lpg was the next thing to go up

'You right, it is why the gas are the next thing to increase and follow path of the oil !'

On the 13 – 02 – 2008 I consolidated my holding with Origin energy ( ORG ) Australia

On the 01-05-2008 shares jump from $10.46 to $14.60 and today it is at $16 (origine ORG)

From March at $12 to today $21 Santos shares (STO)

Today a new article from the age :

Santos predicts scramble for gas

http://business.theage.com.au/santos-predi...80603-2l45.html

I know you not in Australia, where we have a pool of good commodities companies, but I will look at what is on offer here or Malaysia regarding natural gaz & gas oil

I think a good profit could be made the next few year !

now if anyone knowing this market could give some companies idea

Edited by simcity

Benzene May Hit 45 Baht Per Litre & Diesel Could Hit 38 Baht Per Litre In The Next Few Days

My Post :

'You right, it is why the gas are the next thing to increase and follow path of the oil !'

On the 13 – 02 – 2008 I consolidated my holding with Origin energy ( ORG ) Australia

On the 01-05-2008 shares jump from $10.46 to $14.60 and today it is at $16 (origine ORG)

I know you not in Australia, where we have a pool of good commodities companies, but I will look at what is on offer here or Malaysia regarding natural gaz & gas oil

I am in Australia. I was hining of investing in mining. But the energy companies looks good too.

I am in Australia. I was hining of investing in mining. But the energy companies looks good too.

Interest rates are so high in Australia, many people if they have available funds are considering reducing the mortgage

Lately I got some Transurban Stapled TCL

With shortage of housing, more people will buy further and use the tollway

I think time to buy if you have availability.

My Post :

Try Pan Orient....on the Aussie SE, doing exploration/production on a small scale in Thailand, but share prices has moved up nicely over the last 6-12 months...if you had been in at the beginning could have made very good money...

Try Pan Orient....on the Aussie SE, doing exploration/production on a small scale in Thailand, but share prices has moved up nicely over the last 6-12 months...if you had been in at the beginning could have made very good money...

Done a search on the Australian market at Pan Orient & Orient

no result

only got

Orientsearch :

AOM AUSTRALIA ORIENTAL MINERALS NL ORDINARY FULLY PAID

You're in Australia and you're talking investing in Thailand ? Hmmmm... :o

Read this, think twice and act, don't talk about your wife or father-in-law and don't let Thailand and it's economy blind your eyes and view about what's going on in your own country...:

"In November 2006, (Nathan) Tinkler, a 32-year old former electrician, bought the rights to a relatively unknown coal deposit in Northwestern Australia (Queensland). He paid $1 million for it.

Last year, Australian producer Macarthur Coal bought a majority stake for $270 million. Tinkler celebrated by spending $19 million on 56 racehorses at the Magic Millions horse auction on the Gold Coast. Turning coal into horsepower... what a trade, eh?

The story doesn't end there. Tinkler just got a $400 million payout when ArcelorMittal, the world's biggest steelmaker, spent $632 million on a 14.9% stake in Macarthur last week.

The move surprised at least two other predators in the Aussie coal sector. Global mining giants Xstrata and China's CITIC Resources have also been trying to acquire stakes in Macarthur Coal.

You see, steelmakers need huge amounts of coal to fire their furnaces. And these firms have the same basic strategy: secure access to Australian commodities by buying the companies that own them. You could call it "mining in the stock market."

For Chinese companies, this is part of a larger "Grand Strategy" to source raw material needs from Australian companies. The strategy for the rest of us is simple... Buy resource shares before China does.

Here's what former Goldman Sachs VP Kenneth Courtis told the Australian Financial Review just a few weeks ago:

China wants everything you've got, everything. And we still can't fathom the demand that China is going to generate in the years to come... Imagine another 250 million people urbanising China over the next 20 years. What do you think that does to copper prices, iron ore prices, even given the levels they are at today?

Over the next two, three, four years, Australia could become really hot. You could see your stock market move a little bit like the Japanese market did in the 1980s or like the tech market did in the 1990s.

The first-ever hostile bid by a Chinese company for an Australian miner is nearing the finish line... Steelmaker Sinosteel recently raised its bid for iron ore junior MidWest from A$5.60 to A$6.38 per share.

But for months now, the big story in the Aussie market has been China Inc.'s stealth invasion of Australia through the stock market...

The Australian newspaper reported "Chinese interests" are considering a bid for 9% of BHP Billiton, Australia's largest resource company. The direct strategy would be to knock on the front door and ask for a chunk of stock.

That's not exactly subtle, and not likely to be well received. (You might recall the backlash when the Chinese National Offshore Oil Corporation tried to buy U.S.-based Unocal. The U.S. government blocked the bid.)

But it looks like China is taking the indirect approach, partnering with an Australian fund and a large foreign company (probably American) in the deal. If only one of the three parties to the bid is Chinese, then it looks less hostile, and it's more likely to get the approval of Aussie regulators.

If you look carefully at this statement from China's National Development Reform Commission (NDRC), the "Grand Strategy" comes into focus: "With iron ore prices rising explosively, many domestic firms are very enthusiastic about investing in overseas mines, which needs strengthened macro guidance from the country."

In other words, commodity prices are soaring. China desperately needs them. And the state government will support nearly all Chinese attempts to buy assets. That includes backing takeovers in Australia."

We'll see how far the Australian government will allow China to "infiltrate" its commodity sector... but it's clear both countries need each other. As long as the China boom continues, the Aussie resource boom will continue.

The above is just part of an investment letter I received 1-2 weeks ago.

LaoPo

"Well for a girl wanting to split with me is like a girl that doesnt like shopping. When you look this good you would know what I mean.

Also if I become a english teacher I will tutor you if you like"

Mate...keep these replies coming.....you giving me a good laugh....Naive, delusional and arrogant...what a combination

I know you envy me, but how about you answer the question instead of trying to argue with someone who is as good looking as myself

I think the Don has a good point, handsome men never get divorced as they are just too adorable, especially when they hit middle age. And even better, due to those family connections he doesn't have to worry about whether to play around or not, as the answer is not, or else.

Plus he doesn't have the insecurity of the wife stealing his money, as it is all hers already. I am sure dad is deligted with daughters choice, as what father wouldn't want a handsome, poor farnag for his hi so daughter? Probably has a picture of the Don in his wallet to show off to friends. :o

If the Don plays the game as scripted he will have a very comfortable life monetarily. If not he will be deported penniless. Hmmm, buy the investment in Australia in your name if you can wrangle it, that pearly white smile should cover it. :D

Don, you are playing role reversal with all the bargirls, learn from the experts, follow the proven tactics and you will do fine. Don't forget the brothers motorbike accident to pump a quick 500k offshore, and perhaps a home in Issan for mom and dad would be appreciated. Go Don go, it's payback time.

Yeah im great, im sure you all even admit that.

The father inlaw didnt accept me into the family at first, said I should have a uni degree or a business, but finally likes me. I had the owner of Beer chang at my wedding and i get unlimited beer when I make the move. I guess some people are lucky. And yes it my wife's land, but when your married its both of ours which suits me fine.

I know when I move to Thailand, my presence alone will boost the baht.

Anyways enough with the jokes.

So if you were me what would you do? Im thinking of buying a small place in Australia to rent out but I would want to know what other options I would have in Thailand, I know Thailand is a up and coming country. Buying land or units sounds like a good idea to me as I think in 10 years or so the price of the property would have gone up abit.

Guess again.....wrong answer....unless your Thai....the land is not both yours, its your wifes and always will be

You seem to be going off topic on your own post...."You had 5 million baht to invest in Thailand and only Thailand, what would you do"?...and now talking about buying land in Aussie..???

Please go ahead and invest in a much land as you want in Thailand....but you may as well just give the money directly to your wife and family...

We dont you invest in the land you are currently living in...seems to be La..La land... :D

Silly you, seems you need to learn how to read English.

Im asking what would YOU do with 5 million to invest in Thailand and I want to know your thoughts as im thinking about buying in Oz but want to see what is in Thailand.

Also me and the wife view everything as ours, doesnt really matter what the law says, The land is ours and the other part about being hers etc is if we split which I'm 100% wont happen.

Smong kwai :o