Gun's

pop3

Every night I see on my tv shootout's between young Thai gang's, the police brush it over with, don't worry about it, it's only Thais shooting Thais, Mabe it is now, but it's for attention, In many countrys you can be shot simply for being white and in a black area, older Thai males put up with us but young Thai males have a diferent look in their eyes towards us, does enyone else feel like this ?

hi'

older Thai males put up with us but young Thai males have a diferent look in their eyes towards us, does enyone else feel like this ?

:D no ...

never felt like this ...

aren't you a bit paranoid? :o

keep cool, it's only TV :D

francois

I can't say I've given it much thought. I do think we British tend to be a bit unaware when it comes to guns. Most have never even seen one unless they are ex Military.

Goat Roper, lopburi# Blimey! Where are you from?!  :o

American and familar with guns but not a gun advocate.

Was in Nigeria for Biafra uprising. East Pakistan for creation of Bangladesh. Laos for end of Vietnam war. Beirut for Muslim/Christian civil war. PI for end of Marcos. Thailand during a number of coups.

And I can remember 25 years ago when tech school students really ran wild in Bangkok. Much less danger now.

have always had the majority of thais both young and old and both male and female be polite to me... of course there are the odd few, but that happens in every country... as being worried about stray bullets, i think not... and i really hope not... i wish this for everyone... being shot i have been told is not a real pleasant experience...

these guys have beefs with each other, and they have nothing to do with us, so stay out of their business and you should be ok :o

Paranoid ? yeh mabe, just bring's it back to me about when I lived in Fort lauderdale and my freinds seven year old girl was shot dead while sitting on her porch by a drive by shooter just for a laugth, Anyway as someone said it depends on your movements and Im seldom out after 10 pm so I should be alright, Now where's that vallium ?

Paranoid ? yeh mabe, just bring's it back to me about when I lived in Fort lauderdale and my freinds seven year old girl was shot dead while sitting on her porch by a drive by shooter just for a laugth, Anyway as someone said it depends on your movements and Im seldom out after 10 pm so I should be alright, Now where's that vallium ?

Now am really confused. You lived in South Florida and fear stray bullets here in Thailand? I lived in Homestead for three years and can say with certainty that you are much less likely to come to harm here in Thailand; unless you are directly involved. About the only thing that might have a higher probability here is an argument turning into a gunfight. But they are not that common. What you see on the TV and in the press is National Enquirer type reporting.