Bicycle Helmets

I suppose that this forum is as good a place as any.

I have been searching over the net in vain. I wish to purchase a bicycle protective helmet. Has anyone any idea if such an item is available in Thailand?

I've tried online stores but they are quoting around USD 60.00 addition for handling and shipping for a USD 25.00 helmet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

J

I saw some yesterday here in Surin. Looked OK and cost 700b, I think. Good bike shop in between Surin Plaza and Expo clothing market

Dave

I would be very, very wary about buying a cheap helmet. I was wearing one on 4 May when a Bangkok bus 'customised' my bike. The helmet was bought as a replacement from ProBike the day before! The bike was a write-off as was the helmet.

• 2 weeks later...
I saw some yesterday here in Surin. Looked OK and cost 700b, I think. Good bike shop in between Surin Plaza and Expo clothing market

Dave

I would be very, very wary about buying a cheap helmet. I was wearing one on 4 May when a Bangkok bus 'customised' my bike. The helmet was bought as a replacement from ProBike the day before! The bike was a write-off as was the helmet.

Second that! Most Thai helmets - all the cheap ones - are only for looks and keeping the police off you. They will not protect you against concussion etc in an accident. It's your brain - and you only get one..........