Post You Torrents!

MadFranky

jonboy

yeti

welcome!!! :D

I don't know 6 or 7 people already :D

and 2 or 3 computer which are running 24/7 :D

Does anyone has an idea how to set up the server? I read a little bit about it and it seems not difficult, but I found a hugh amount of server software and now, I do not really know where to start. If someone has already any experience, please share it.

Most probably 2 more days I am busy with upgrading my webpage and than I'll try some things. Hope till Monday I get something running. :o

But not sure.....

h90

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, looks like there is definitely interest enough. So lets do it. No one seems to have the knowledge yet about setting up the hub (I don't think that a hub goes to the same extent as a dedicated derver. It's basically a suped up chat program). I'm sure it's the only way to go.

We'd be best setting up a private hub to prevent international users joining and bunging up the system with slow international links.

If everyone looks into it we can brain storm. Seems like we are all busy this weekend though.

instead of doing my work, I plaied arround with Yhub.

And it looks very simple, maybe to easy to be true (I think we should ban the word "true")

from my opinion we can give it a try tomorrow evening. I'll try to start the hub and a client and place some things in the download folder, some smaller songs. Will post my IP here and everyone is invited to try to get some pieces of it, just as a test run. and will monitor the forum on how many are blaming me, because nothing works.

I think later on we need usernames and PW for everyone.

Not sure if it will really work, but lets try :o

DC++ looks like the best software. Actually the hub can stipulate a particular client; I'm not sure there is an advantage in this. PW and user names are definitely a good idea.

You have any info or links for Yhub??

Also could be a good idea not to put up all our back catalogues right from the start as it will be difficult to swarm with lots of files and few users. I suggest just putting up latest releases at first, since most will want them. We can then slowly add in files and users. We need to be able to swarm as we all use ADSL and DL speeds are higher than UL speeds - so when a new file is posted up it will rapidly go from 1-2-3-4 users meaning those sucking on the hind tit are getting the best flow of milk.

Anyway I can't do much personally till monday as I have work, and need to try and stop this ******** computer from crashing every 4 or 5 hours.

Link: http://www.dcdev.net/yhub/

I am not sure if it will work fine, but worth to try

and DC++ als client.

would be fine if there are at least 2 people who can try, if that is working, with some small files, just a test drive.

I hope within the Thailand we get a nice speed in the night and it should work alone.

Considering a 512kb upload speed and 50 % of it really work should give us still a nice speed if not everyone is sucking from the same client at the same time.

A chat program might be usefull on the beginning to have real time communication in case it is not working to connect.

If you drop me an email I email back my details for Windows messanger and ICQ.

My email is [email protected]

Let the bytes flow :o

BoomBoom: 200 GB -- I think I must buy a new harddisk

looking into the link h90, while I should be working. Got a presentation in Thai in a few hours. Gulp.

Gotto be careful putting up email addresses as it's against the forum rules, and spam trauling programs pick them up and put you on their lists. Personally I have never used chat programs though I do have a Skype account (I think). I will get into it on Monday.

It's good practice to save the actual .torrent files to your PC before you start to DL

Maybe try and click on all the existing sims2 torrents... if one says checking existing data then that is the torrent you were on before... if that message does not appear then cancel the download

bartender, start a new thread for this.

pandit good luck with the presentation. when you recover let's try to get this happening.

I'm downloading the first series of Blakes 7... only 500 odd hours to go. There must be a better way.

What's the best way to communicate? Threads, IM, email notifications? there are tons of options.

bartender, start a new thread for this.

pandit good luck with the presentation. when you recover let's try to get this happening.

I'm downloading the first series of Blakes 7... only 500 odd hours to go. There must be a better way.

What's the best way to communicate? Threads, IM, email notifications? there are tons of options.

DC++ works fine for me so far, sometimes even get good DL speeds from Scandinavia despite being in Thailand. (DC++ is really popular in Northern Europe, where kick-arse T1 and T3 broadband connections are currently becoming available at affordable prices even in the countryside, and lots of users do p2p through DC++).

If someone would set up a hub in Thailand that would be a brilliant solution, but even if not, we could set up a "date" at an external hub in order to get good DL speeds. It wouldn't really matter if the hub is located in Finland or Ougadougou since we can establish direct contact external to the hub once the download starts.

It means you have to set up "Active" mode in DC++ though - otherwise the connection goes through the hub even during download. It took me a while to figure out how this is done (involves

1. getting a decent firewall (not the XP one, that one should be turned off) such as Sygate or ZoneAlarm and

2. Opening (specifying) a port in this firewall for in- and outgoing traffic. NOTE: BOTH TCP and UDP protocols, otherwise it won't work

3. Visiting www.whatismyip.com in order to get your current IP address

4. Going to Settings in the DC++ client, choosing "Active" mode and then specifying the same IP address as you got from www.whatismyip.com

NOTE: Your IP will most likely be changed by your Internet Provider once or twice every 24 hours. If this happens during the night when you are away from the computer, your downloads will disconnect until you specify your valid new IP address under Settings in DC++.

Cheers,

Meadish

pandit35

good luck with your presentation! :D

I did not know that it is against the rules in the board to post emailadresses, I never read rules :o

spam, I get already 8000 per day, and my filter takes 90 % so still 800 for me, I tell you I know everything from Viag*a, Pen** enlargement, Mortage rates and of course the cool things to make fast money with Nigeria.....

Test hub is up and running :o

IP: 61.90.3.229

I made user called

guest1

guest2

guest3

guest4

as well there are passwords which are the same as username.

I let it run and I am waiting if something is happening, if any of you guys connect.

Most of the time I sit near the computer and check if something is happening

From the DC++ Faq -

Connection refused by target machine

This usually means that there is no hub running on the machine you're trying to connect to. If you got the address from a hub list, try again later as it might have temporarily been taken down (or it's under heavy load and can't handle your connection at the moment).

This message can also occur when your firewall is blocking DC++.

Hi,

h90, sorry was not in front of my computer when you made your test.

For all tests, maybe it would be easier to use IM, so that you can see if someone is online when you want to run your test.

I PM you my msn messenger address (hope you have MSN...).

I have DC++ installed, with few shared files...

When our system will be up and running we could use email to tell which files we have in stock.

Will try to find time to have a look on the hub installation later.

Yeti

Hi,

h90, sorry was not in front of my computer when you made your test.

For all tests, maybe it would be easier to use IM, so that you can see if someone is online when you want to run your test.

I PM  you my msn messenger address (hope you have MSN...).

I have DC++ installed, with few shared files...

When our system will be up and running we could use email to tell which files we have in stock.

Will try to find time to have a look on the hub installation later.

Yeti

Yeti, once the hub is up there is no need to send each other file lists by email. You can download other people's file lists very quickly and smoothly through the DC++ interface

It is a very good idea to try to organize your files well with clear names and folder structures.

Also, make DEAD sure you only share what you want to share. Some people indiscriminately share their entire hard drive, even installed files! This is dangerous, so make sure you know what you are sharing.

Will try to connect if you start the hub around five. If later I won't be able to participate.

hi'

forgot to mention.. You need to go here and register or you cannot connect to the tracker

I have tried to get this CMR 2005 for over 2 weeks ...

I gave up ... no valid links ... and the one you mention "here" is not valid either :o

you know what ... I bought it :D ...(50euros)

so, I can relax now and drive as fast as I want :D

the CMR 2005 is a dvd and has a protection called "fade", meaning that after a little while,

the game will become unusable :D

I had the problem with CMR3 ... it's a real protection :D

the CMR4 was ok though :wub:

but, I do think that we have to give sometime to crackers to find a way to go throught this ... won't be easy ...

cheers

francois

it seems server is up and running!

Thanks to meadish_sweetball and Yeti for the help!

at the moment it is running at: 61.90.3.119

guest3 and guest4 for password and username is open for someone who want to try it