New Modelhayate 125 Suzuki Scooter

Has anyone ridden the New 2008 Suzuki 125 Hayake.

Is it the same bike that is referred to below as Suzuki 16.

Where are Suzuki 125 manufactured? Would you trust a Suzuki as much as a Yamaha or Honda.

Does anyone have strong views or knowledge of Suzuki versus other brands of scooter?

Edited by beginner

Its the same as the 2007 model with slight cosmetic changes! Its not the same as the Suzuki 16; Thailand is in to affordable motorbikes not hi tech ones. On the whole Suzuki's are good but not as popular as Yamaha's or Hondas. In Thailand spares and getting the bike repaired is the priority and thus most people buy bikes that everyone else is buying, which ensures high availability of cheap spares and the local bike shop being able to repair it.

The Hayate has a larger engine that all the other automatics, however this does not necessarily mean its more powerful or faster since the others have 110cc engines and the Hayate has a 125cc engine, so not alot in it.

I suggest you test drive a Hayate, Mio (or Fino; same as the Mio), Nouvo, Click and Airblade. Also Honda has a new cheap auto called the Icon. Then buy the one you like! Personally I think the Nouvo is the best, and its the auto that has been around the longest, but larger than the Mio/Fino/Icon. I remember the Hayate being quite a small bike. So buy what you like and what you think fits your need.

Correction....The new Nouvo at 135 cc's is decidedly more powerful than the Suzuki and Honda offerings. I'd rate the old model 115 cc. Nouvo at about the same performance as the Suzuki's 125 cc. model after driving both side by side.

Edited by jackcorbett

Correction....The new Nouvo at 135 cc's is decidedly more powerful than the Suzuki and Honda offerings. I'd rate the old model 115 cc. Nouvo at about the same performance as the Suzuki's 125 cc. model after driving both side by side.
I was trying to avoid mentioning the Nouvo 135 as it complicates things :o

When are where will this new Nuovo appear on the scene in Thailand as my present Mio Fino is nearly 2 years old with 13,000 km on the clock.

My wife wants to give me this one so that I can buy her a new scooter.

Its a fair exchange, I think?

I think, therefore I am, I think?

I was trying to avoid mentioning the Nouvo 135 as it complicates things :D

When are where will this new Nuovo appear on the scene in Thailand as my present Mio Fino is nearly 2 years old with 13,000 km on the clock.

My wife wants to give me this one so that I can buy her a new scooter.

Its a fair exchange, I think?

I think, therefore I am, I think? :o

The Nuovo 135 is allready out, it's called Nuovo Elegance and you will find that modell at every Yamaha Dealer. Go and tell your wife to get her Checkbook out quîckly :o

There is a tread about this modell somwhere in the motorbike section, I think it's called bigger Nuovo. Just have a look.

The Nuovo 135 is allready out, it's called Nuovo Elegance and you will find that modell at every Yamaha Dealer. Go and tell your wife to get her Checkbook out quîckly :o

There is a tread about this modell somwhere in the motorbike section, I think it's called bigger Nuovo. Just have a look.

The local dealer in the village didn't seem to know but I will be down that way during the week and ask him again.

Thanks

Any dealer worth his salt will know as here in Pattaya at least the 135 cc. Nouvo Elegance has been out at least for 2 months if not 3. We are talking see, feel touch, and drive. If the dealer doesn't know, by all means go somewhere else because he's got his head in the sand. Either that or he's only got holdover old model Nouvos he's anxious to get rid of and he's lying to you.

Edited by jackcorbett

Any dealer worth his salt will know as here in Pattaya at least the 135 cc. Nouvo Elegance has been out at least for 2 months if not 3. We are talking see, feel touch, and drive. If the dealer doesn't know, by all means go somewhere else because he's got his head in the sand. Either that or he's only got holdover old model Nouvos he's anxious to get rid of and he's lying to you.

I downloaded the info from a webpage and showed him.

"Ah" he said, "Mai mee. You can order".

Does he have a brochure.

"Mai mee. You can order".

The next nearest dealer is 15km away and after that it is a bit further.

If he doesn't have one and I buy elsewhere I may have a problem with getting it serviced but I can wait a while anyway so I will see what he does in the coming months.