Gift Suggestions For A Thai Girl

duchovny

Depends on the girl, from isaan prbaly gift vouchers (generalising)

Or if she is a good girl, maybe a cheap necklace or some costume type jewellry might do the trick.

I would probably by perfume, a good real one at that. But depends on how much you want to spend

Corny I know, but... flowers and chocolates are not too personal and not too expensive but always appreciated, especially if nicely wrapped.

Perfume is a good idea, and you can gain points by doing a little research and finding out from her friends what she likes but can't afford.

I would avoid buying sexy underwear (for her) until after the first date. :o

When I was in your position, I asked her best friend. She suggested buying her a purse and putting some money in it – it will signify good luck. (Of course I wouldn’t dream of giving a Westerner money for their birthday but these Asian folk seem to like that sort of thing)

When I was in your position, I asked her best friend. She suggested buying her a purse and putting some money in itit will signify good luck. (Of course I wouldn't dream of giving a Westerner money for their birthday but these Asian folk seem to like that sort of thing)

LOL :o .....In the same vein as my suggestion...back to wallets and ATM cards...

Other than money...which of course always rates #1... most Thai women I've met here have a thing for foreign chocolate... They're always asking me to bring them back some...when I go abroad... Many seem to like to Rocher (?) brand, which of course you can buy here in LOS... But good chocolate from outside Thailand always is a hit...

There are, however, some ladies who prefer imported wine and/or whiskey.... but you haven't given a clue as to whether she's in that category or not...

Perfume, if you get the right kind through some advance scouting, always goes well...

And then, of course, there's always the idea for a tastefully wrapped box of scented massage oil and glow-in-the-dark condoms... which... is my personal favorite to give to a prospectice GF... :o

<br /><i><font face="Trebuchet MS">buying gift? Umm..hard to say..<br />It depends on her characteristic...her age, career...as well.<br />How close of your relationship...<br /><br />OP, please tell more about her...</font></i><br />

She's 21, quite pretty, not a lot of experience with guys, works at a guest house that is owned/run by her older sisters' Swedish husband. She's a little immature as well I suppose.

I've known her for about a year, gone out with her a few times (with friends/chaperones). I'm sure she likes me but she plays games, (the immaturity?). She sometimes sms me and asks me out, but when I turn up she's always with friends and it never goes anywhere. I have never kissed her or even held her hand.

Other than money...which of course always rates #1... most Thai women I've met here have a thing for foreign chocolate... They're always asking me to bring them back some...when I go abroad... Many seem to like to Rocher (?) brand, which of course you can buy here in LOS... But good chocolate from outside Thailand always is a hit...

There are, however, some ladies who prefer imported wine and/or whiskey.... but you haven't given a clue as to whether she's in that category or not...

Perfume, if you get the right kind through some advance scouting, always goes well...

And then, of course, there's always the idea for a tastefully wrapped box of scented massage oil and glow-in-the-dark condoms... which... is my personal favorite to give to a prospectice GF... :o

You've just reminded me. About 6 months ago her and her friend asked me to buy them farang chocolate.

It's done. End of conversation. Thanks.

Depends on the girl, from isaan prbaly gift vouchers (generalising)

Or if she is a good girl, maybe a cheap necklace or some costume type jewellry might do the trick.

I would probably by perfume, a good real one at that. But depends on how much you want to spend

Are you saying that Isaan girls aren't good girls? &lt;deleted&gt;? i beg to differ.

She's 21, quite pretty, not a lot of experience with guys, works at a guest house that is owned/run by her older sisters' Swedish husband. She's a little immature as well I suppose.

I've known her for about a year, gone out with her a few times (with friends/chaperones). I'm sure she likes me but she plays games, (the immaturity?). She sometimes sms me and asks me out, but when I turn up she's always with friends and it never goes anywhere. I have never kissed her or even held her hand.

Well, she seems so young and lively girl.

You may give her good decent lotions...or toileteries things, cosmetics..

I would not suggest purfume.. too risky, but you can buy if you know which odor she may like..

but if don't, she will not feel happy...

Chocolate is fine, actually, but not every girls love choc...(I myself, don't)

Maybe a new mobile phone, not too expensive but fashionable model is also fine..

just IHMO... hope it help.... Cheers :o

<br /><i><font face="Trebuchet MS">buying gift? Umm..hard to say..<br />It depends on her characteristic...her age, career...as well.<br />How close of your relationship...<br /><br />OP, please tell more about her...</font></i><br />

How old are you? If you are more than 10 years older. I wouldn't throw away to much money on her, from your description of the situation. Maybe a low-end mobile phone, unless she is well equipped already. Flowers & a card with a 500 bht+ top-up card for her phone.

How old are you? If you are more than 10 years older. I wouldn't throw away to much money on her, from your description of the situation. Maybe a low-end mobile phone, unless she is well equipped already. Flowers & a card with a 500 bht+ top-up card for her phone.

You're just an incurable romantic, a2396. :o

Not all relationships in Thailand are business transactions.

True enough. I asked a Thai male univ student freind of mine once about this. How many Farang/Thai relationships were (mostly) about money? His opinion 90%. Hopefully, you will fall in the 10% catagory.

True enough. I asked a Thai male univ student freind of mine once about this. How many Farang/Thai relationships were (mostly) about money? His opinion 90%. Hopefully, you will fall in the 10% catagory.

Thanks a2396. I definitely fall into the 10%.

I wonder how a uni student would know about adult relationships. In my experience uni students spend most of their time either pi**ed or trying to get off with other uni students (or both). :o

Actually...I just got a memo on this the other day...maybe you haven't seen it yet...

In fact, it's true... all farang-Thai relationships ARE business transactions....in one form or another.

You can wrap the box with whatever kind of decoration or name you like... but in the end....that's always going to be a huge part of the equation....

PS - Glad the chocolate suggestion hit the mark... Chocolate, of course, is a scientifically proven aphrodisiac. So, just put some of that together with the glow in the dark condoms...and you're good to go!!!! :D

Chocolate, of course, is a scientifically proven aphrodisiac.

When i go into the chocolate section of my local Tesco and see the girls looking at all the chocolate im of the opinion that it is an anaphrodisiac i.e. once theyve acquired a taste for it, its guaranteed to put me off making lust.

If its an aphrodisiac you're after you can never go to far wrong with a copy of Barry Whites greatest hits.

Edited by boiledegg

Actually...I just got a memo on this the other day...maybe you haven't seen it yet...

In fact, it's true... all farang-Thai relationships ARE business transactions....in one form or another.

No, Didn't get that memo...

... must have been addressed to 'cynical/know-all/lonely/saddo's.

I would suggest you to give her flowers and card with a good words. You are just friend at this point. You know I think many guys here have got a problem with thai girls or they lack of confident. Many of them blame girls. Despite most of them spoil her by giving her money or things to show her your power of spending. So how come you blame a girl. You meet that bad because you open the door for it. That's all.

I would suggest you to give her flowers and card with a good words. You are just friend at this point. You know I think many guys here have got a problem with thai girls or they lack of confident. Many of them blame girls. Despite most of them spoil her by giving her money or things to show her your power of spending. So how come you blame a girl. You meet that bad because you open the door for it. That's all.

yeah, i agree. you should draw her a picture of her with crayons and make her a macaroni necklace.

<br />A dildo , it will show that you want to take care .<br />

All that will show her is that I want her to take care of herself, and I don't want that yet because I haven't even got in her pants yet, have I?

Maybe for her 25th when I'm ready for my first Mia Noi.

But I must confess, this has all along been about a Khmer girl in Cambodia and not a Thai girl, sorry.

I thought the responses would have been different if I had told the truth.

In answer to an earlier question I am 37 years old but look a little younger.

All that will show her is that I want her to take care of herself, and I don't want that yet because I haven't even got in her pants yet, have I?

But I must confess, this has all along been about a Khmer girl in Cambodia and not a Thai girl, sorry.

Khymer lady huh,are you aware many of them do not fool around but keep themselves 'Pure '' for thier 'First' husband,when you marry her or at least betroth yourself to her,you will have one very good wife who will provide for your every need. I suggest you make no passes,but consult with her Mamma to pledge a desire for only her, after a party and ceremony she will be allowed to accompany you anywhere without a chaperon.

I left Thailand a few years ago because i met or was introduced to too many 'Virgins ', not that i was fooled,but all they wanted to do was quit working and be supported in lavish style including the family which i refused to go along with.Now they have operations to 'Return ' thier virginity,resew the hymen ends together,viginity is a bubble on the stream of life,one p###k amd it is gone,forever!!!

I have been 'Married ' to a Khymer lady for almost 3 years,met her at 25,original to the last detail,should i write a list of my wifely requirements,many things would not be on it,it may sound rediculous,but i am not allowed to even open a pack of cigarettes,i am told it is her commitment to me to look after me as my wife.

Good luck and enjoy life as it can be .

I just want to be sure I understand.

You are 'dating' a young, straight, sincere, honest virgin in a country where (at least publicly), virginity is kept until marriage. And, assuming she is all of the above, and not a seasoned bar-girl (seafood optional), she would probably only sleep with you before marriage if she thought that you would marry here.

But you are already involved with someone else, and you want her to be just your 'bit on the side'?

Did I get that right?

Also, is she really a university student?