Holy Basil (pad Kaprow)

MrJay

I miss my favourite dish so much stirfryed pork and basil leaf on rice with a fryed egg on top,ive tryed the normal basil here in uk,tastes terrible,i really need the thai holy basil,ive never seen it in groceries here,i know there are a few thai supermarkets in manchester,but im not sure which one and if they stock it,id love too hear from anybody who knows where to get it thanks alot....

Try searchingfor Wing Yip or Hoo Hing and see if they got a supermarket in Manchester, if not google thai shop manchester..you should find somethng....if they don't have krapow you can do with the sweet basil its not much different..there is also a packet mix you can use which is ok as a subsitute...

I buy a load at the chinese supermarket then stick it in the freezer...its ok although the woman complains it tastes different...with 15 chillis in it i really dont understand how she can tell ;-)

I miss my favourite dish so much stirfryed pork and basil leaf on rice with a fryed egg on top,ive tryed the normal basil here in uk,tastes terrible,i really need the thai holy basil,ive never seen it in groceries here,i know there are a few thai supermarkets in manchester,but im not sure which one and if they stock it,id love too hear from anybody who knows where to get it thanks alot....

Charlotte street, Kim's Thai Foodstore

will definitely have it on saturday

Holy Basil is not Krapow, rather Horapha. It has purple stems and a aniseedy taste. But you are right in saying that dish is made with Krapow You can get any vegtable you like from Thailand delivered in the UK through Sky Market of Cardiff. www.thai-skymarket.com. When I had my Thai Supermarket in Ramsgate I used them all the time.