Pattaya Family Vacation Destination

BerndK

Pattaya the Family Destination

I saw a Family of 5 heading down to the Beach on Soi 8 in the evening last time I was in pattaya.

2 Toddlers maybe 4 and 5 years old and a stroller...with a baby in it I would assume. I don't think there was a case of beer in the stroller. About the time when the girls in the bars were going through the ritual of putting on their war paint.

I don't know but something was slightly wrong with that picture. The parents did look a little bit confused but they were headed for the beach. With beach gear and everything. Resort kind of gear, hula star pink rosey posey summer beach dress. A bucket and shovel for the kids. Flotation devices. The whole nine yards. They probably wanted to stay at the beach til the sun sets. Must have been their first day.

The only thing that came to my mind...and I don't know what others were thinking...A freaking Travel agent in some European Travel Agency Ofiice sold them some kind of a "Family Holiday Vacation Package" with one of the Hotels on Soi 8. Probably Sunbeam or whatever it is called. My very very first time I stayed in Soi 8 for one night. It was too much for me.

I am not sure how long this family enjoyed their stay in Soi 8. I stayed 1 night. Just a little too much in my face. I know i am a sexy man but don't need to be told that every 3 meters. What did they call the Father? hello sexy family father?

It may not be only the travel agent, brochures for many Thai resorts use photos that have to be 20 - 30 years old and many of them are economic with the truth regarding the surrounding "amenities".

To answer your last question, in my experience the bar girls usually leave married couples and families alone and, in fact, will more likely lavish their attention on the kids. But things can, and do, unfortunately change for the worse.

But in any case Pattaya is a long way from being the family resort some people wish it were. Okay if the family is content staying in the hotel around the pool with occasional daytime trips out but as for evening strolls along the beach? Not once it gets dark and the night creatures start to emerge.

btw if the family were on the way to the beach in the evening, 5 - 6 pm from your description, they obviously have never experienced a tropical evening. Light to dark in 30 minutes.

Could be any number of things.

Maybe just cutting through from another area where they actually have a nice hotel on second rd or wherever.

Was mum thai ? if so then maybe she was a bg and they have no qualms about this, seen it many times with farang dads and thai mums with kids in tow in these areas.....visiting aunties perhaps...or grandma.

I agree...Thai people are great with kids and also the girls.

No the Mum was not Thai. I think a Thai mum would kind of know where to take the kids...they speak Thai.

Maybe though it is a good idea to research your vacation Destination before booking.

Pattaya or the "adult" Pattaya area is probably not suited for kids. But then again a lot of Thai kids are running around taking pictures and selling chewing gum.

Actually, children are wonderful on beach road. Kids have a great way of diffusing potential violent situations. The local Thai criminals are least likely to strike when there are children with you, regardless of the time. In fact, I would go ahead and flash your gold chains at them ONLY when you are with the kids. I am sure the punishment for attacking your kids would be quite severe!!! Go ahead and taunt them, but only when with your kids. Try it sometime, it really works. (However, be prepared for retaliation when you are alone in the future)!!!

Our family has found Pattaya one of the best destinations in the country. The Cabbages and Condoms Resort and the beach out front were lovely, Nong Nuch Gardens fun and a cruise down at Ocean Marina a great way to end the day. Leave Beach Rd. to the Ruskies...