Re-entry Visa

Hi all,

I wonder if any body could advice me regarding my visa. I am on a 12 month re-entry visa and have

3 month left to go. Can I extend this visa in Thailand or do I have to go back overseas to do so.

I am married 4 years to a Thai citicen( with certificate) which will ( I guess ) not make any different. I can't

apply for a retirement visa since I have most of my money invested over here and would not be able

to show the 800k needed for that. Can some one advice me what I can do in my situation ?

Many thanks in advance

You appear to have a multi entry non immigrant O visa (not a re-entry visa-extension) but would help if you could confirm. Do you have to make exit/entry every 90 days? If not how/where did you obtain what you currently have?

The marriage does make a difference as you are able to obtain the above multi entry non immigrant O visa from many Consulates with that and copy of wife ID card (KL and Penang do this often).

If you want to remain in Thailand on one year extensions of stay and do not want to use the 65k/800k retirement option you have the 40k family income option available with marriage. If your Embassy can issue letter of your income in that amount or if wife has income (as shown by tax payments) or a combination that makes the 40k per month Immigration can issue one year extension of stay.

You appear to have a multi entry non immigrant O visa (not a re-entry visa-extension) but would help if you could confirm. Do you have to make exit/entry every 90 days? If not how/where did you obtain what you currently have?

The marriage does make a difference as you are able to obtain the above multi entry non immigrant O visa from many Consulates with that and copy of wife ID card (KL and Penang do this often).

If you want to remain in Thailand on one year extensions of stay and do not want to use the 65k/800k retirement option you have the 40k family income option available with marriage. If your Embassy can issue letter of your income in that amount or if wife has income (as shown by tax payments) or a combination that makes the 40k per month Immigration can issue one year extension of stay.

Yes you are correct I have a non immigrant visa O and I have to leave the country every 90 days

this visa was issued in Australia last year August

You should not have a problem going there for another or you can probably also obtain in KL or Penang with the normal marriage document/copy of ID card. But it is always best to have a bank passbook with you to show you have some funds to support your stay when using local Consulates.

You do understand that you can exit and enter the day before the visa expires and obtain a new 90 day permitted to stay?

You should not have a problem going there for another or you can probably also obtain in KL or Penang with the normal marriage document/copy of ID card. But it is always best to have a bank passbook with you to show you have some funds to support your stay when using local Consulates.

You do understand that you can exit and enter the day before the visa expires and obtain a new 90 day permitted to stay?

Thanks for your help I will try it this way and about optaining a new 90 day visa I was not aware of.

Many thanks again

You are married to a Thai national, so if she is living in Thailand you could also apply for a marriage visa. You get a one year visa and don't have to go out of the country every 90 days. The requierement is that you show an income of more than 40,000 baht a month. (This is a combined income of you and your wife). This visa you can apply for in Thailand and after 3 years you can apply for permanent residency.

There is no such visa. With marriage you can obtain a non immigrant O visa from Immigration only if you have 21 days or more remaining on your permitted to stay stamp and proof of 40k per month family income. That provides a 90 day stay that with the same financial proof and extension marriage documentation can be extended for one year at a time. It is not a visa and does not allow travel (you must obtain a re-entry permit for that). Although application for Permanent Residence requires at least 3 years on such an entry approval is not automatic.