Pattaya Profits From The Russians.

soundman

Pattaya profits from Russian property buyers

By Peter Janssen, dpa

Pattaya (dpa) - Innar Tammisaar, an Estonian, never thought he'd live to see the day that he was thankful for the Russian language.

"Now I'm happy I speak Russian even though I hated learning it," said Tammisaar, director of the Blue Vision Agency at the Pattaya beach resort.

Like many new property agents in Pattaya, Blue Vision advertises its services in both English and Russian, a sign of the times.

Pattaya, is Thailand's oldest, most developed beach resort. Russians, in particular, can't seem to get enough of the place.

In 2007, 889,656 Russians visited Pattaya, up 84 per cent from the previous year, making them the leading market for the resort after only Thais, 1.51 million of whom checked into Pattaya hotels last year.

Link here.

Who would have ever guessed?

Soundman.

I didn't click on the link to read that article.

I have a friend in Pattaya who runs a scuba diving business.

They have the money......Hey what's wrong with russian?...I know a little russian...she is 5'2"

BTW the world is flat not round or oval.

If you go too far you will fall off.

You haven't seen seen the sleeping Dragon yet (China)

That's only 1/5 of the world population

and don't forget india....

while you were watching TV....those countries are a lot bigger with a lot more motivation than the average TV watcher you find in the white men's world.

Soundman,

last time I visited Berlin Germany...which is my Home town..City.

That was 3 years ago. In the outskirts of Berlin.

Guess what...Everyone was complaining about the Russians taking over businesses and buying houses.

Kind of strange to see Russian fences around houses where I grew up.

The truth is though...out of nessacity-sorry about the spelling- grows genius. Or survial skills.

I live in America now and the koreans are doing well...owning probably 80% of all gas stations.

American food sucks...if there is something like american food. Of yeah the burger....and fries...usually cooked to death.

Most people who are not from the united states are motivated.

Great service. good food...nice people

Americans thought they were the elite.

Time will tell.

Back to Pattaya.

The doom and gloom brigade who right patters off, often only see it from the " western " perspective. The larger hotels and mall chains are well aware at the potential from the Russkis as well as the general Asian boom. Patters will continue to grow. It may not be to the majority on here's liking, but it will grow ( How do you feel the Scando's and Germans feel about the Brit invasion of southern Spain over the last thirty years ? )

Nothing personal Soundman

I always like what you have to say.

The world as we know it is changing...shall I say knew it.

Pattaya is a melting pot....Thailand is changing.

My first time in Phuket was in 1979....I doubt it is the same.

Russians will become a major influence in the days to come and so will Chinese people influence the "new world".

I guess what kind of amazed me is that you were not aware of the changing world or that particular aspect of it.

The people of Russia or Soviet union,,,sometimes I don't know what the distinction is..have been suppressed for a long time.

The economy in Russia is booming for some...oil is a major factor.

China is another new emerging "super power".

India is an exploding country with a lot of talent.

Education in the United States ranks at number 87 in the world compared to the rest.

I believe that. I live in then U.S.

When I see some of the European people in Pattaya ..I have to wonder.

Clowns? Travelling circus?

I hope to see Africans emerge one day.

End of Rant

I hope Pattaya will profit from everyone.

Cheers :o

The last bit of the article is more telling than the first:

And what about the Russian mafia? When will they move to Pattaya?

"They have too much work in Russia," Segal joked.

Russian-speaking Tammisaar, the Estonian property agent, is not so sure.

"The Russian mafia may not have moved here yet, but their money sure has," Tammisaar said.

Nothing personal Soundman

I always like what you have to say.

The world as we know it is changing...shall I say knew it.

Pattaya is a melting pot....Thailand is changing.

My first time in Phuket was in 1979....I doubt it is the same.

Russians will become a major influence in the days to come and so will Chinese people influence the "new world".

I guess what kind of amazed me is that you were not aware of the changing world or that particular aspect of it.

The people of Russia or Soviet union,,,sometimes I don't know what the distinction is..have been suppressed for a long time.

The economy in Russia is booming for some...oil is a major factor.

China is another new emerging "super power".

India is an exploding country with a lot of talent.

Education in the United States ranks at number 87 in the world compared to the rest.

I believe that. I live in then U.S.

When I see some of the European people in Pattaya ..I have to wonder.

Clowns? Travelling circus?

I hope to see Africans emerge one day.

End of Rant

I hope Pattaya will profit from everyone.

Cheers :D

The Russians have stopped going to

Turkey and started to come here, Turkey was ripping them off, crap hotels, crap food, crap, city tours, so tour companies started to bring them here. plus the visa rules for ruskies got easier.

Believe me the ruskies here, are not much better than the brits in Spain, just give it a few years. Same Same. :o

Pattaya profits from Russian property buyers

By Peter Janssen, dpa

Pattaya (dpa) - Innar Tammisaar, an Estonian, never thought he'd live to see the day that he was thankful for the Russian language.

"Now I'm happy I speak Russian even though I hated learning it," said Tammisaar, director of the Blue Vision Agency at the Pattaya beach resort.

Like many new property agents in Pattaya, Blue Vision advertises its services in both English and Russian, a sign of the times.

Pattaya, is Thailand's oldest, most developed beach resort. Russians, in particular, can't seem to get enough of the place.

In 2007, 889,656 Russians visited Pattaya, up 84 per cent from the previous year, making them the leading market for the resort after only Thais, 1.51 million of whom checked into Pattaya hotels last year.

Link here.

Who would have ever guessed?

Soundman.

Sat at the beach some months ago. Around me some locals, Americans, Germans and Russians. Of course as always the beach vendors hunting for some customers, and there he was.......a healthy looking Thai guy dragging around a hotpot/bbq kind of equipment with a bucket full of fish, shrimps, etc.

Since the Russians where sitting right in front of me I could overhear the conversation between the Beach vendor and the Russians: dam_n.........the beach vendor spoke fluent Russian and he did it in a way that "half the beach" was listening with an open mouth to his sales activities. Amazing. The beach vendor did some good deals with his shrimps and fish.

If the vendor becomes aware of the fact that with his language skills he could make a fortune.............

Sat at the beach some months ago. Around me some locals, Americans, Germans and Russians. Of course as always the beach vendors hunting for some customers, and there he was.......a healthy looking Thai guy dragging around a hotpot/bbq kind of equipment with a bucket full of fish, shrimps, etc.

Since the Russians where sitting right in front of me I could overhear the conversation between the Beach vendor and the Russians: dam_n.........the beach vendor spoke fluent Russian and he did it in a way that "half the beach" was listening with an open mouth to his sales activities. Amazing. The beach vendor did some good deals with his shrimps and fish.

If the vendor becomes aware of the fact that with his language skills he could make a fortune.............

I think this one does already! In five years he will have some shophouses, in ten he will have entered the condo market, in fifteen he will be on the council and in twenty, he will be running for City Hall.

BTW the world is flat not round or oval.

If you go too far you will fall off.

You haven't seen seen the sleeping Dragon yet (China)

That's only 1/5 of the world population

and don't forget india....

while you were watching TV....those countries are a lot bigger with a lot more motivation than the average TV watcher you find in the white men's world.

Most mainland chinese visitors in Hong Kong don't spend money - they are very thrifty and stingy!!

and as for Indians, forget about it - I'll take the Russians as they got money and are big spenders!

I,d love to get know a 5'2" blonde or non blonde Russian or two,,

Not sure the wife would agree tho

I have to aplaud the Thai vender speaking Russian..............clever guy.

Edited by soihok

Keep searching. I've never met a Russian shorter than 6'2".
Olga Korbut is 5'2"

Except she not Russian!

Olga Valentinovna Korbut (Belarusian: Вольга Валянцінаўна Корбут, Volha Valancinaŭna Korbut; Russian: Ольга Валентиновна Корбут) (b. May 16, 1955 in Hrodna), also known as the Sparrow from Minsk, is a Belarusian, Soviet-born gymnast who won four gold medals and two silver medals at the Summer Olympics, in which she competed in 1972 and 1976 for the USSR team.

The TAT website shows 277,503 Russian visitors to all of THAILAND in 2007

" In 2007, 889,656 Russians visited Pattaya, up 84 per cent from the previous year, making them the leading market for the resort after only Thais, 1.51 million of whom checked into Pattaya hotels last year."

The TAT website shows 187,658 Russian visitors to all of THAILAND in 2006

Posting a post in this forum can become an awkward thing.

Do they have a little booklet for uncensored words I can use?

Non Orwellian.

What the back of my neck.

Do the Mods run the typed words through a clean me up program...or is it more of a personal like and dislike?

Freedom of speech is not a wide spread idea I guess.

I will find out tomorrow morning.

The only "bad" word I used in this post...is neck?...maybe back.

Just testing the waters I can walk on.

Posting a post in this forum can become an awkward thing.

Do they have a little booklet for uncensored words I can use?

Non Orwellian.

What the back of my neck.

Do the Mods run the typed words through a clean me up program...or is it more of a personal like and dislike?

Freedom of speech is not a wide spread idea I guess.

I will find out tomorrow morning.

The only "bad" word I used in this post...is neck?...maybe back.

Just testing the waters I can walk on.

:o:D:D

Edited by plasticpig

On koh larn recently there were 2 soviet couples.

1 couple were handsome and the girl as dark as any issarn girl I've seen and not a tan ( I think) the other uggg, guy with a g string with cut out sides and his wife, overweight and a bikini, blagh.

Style not!

Anyway there were a lot of them around.

" In 2007, 889,656 Russians visited Pattaya, up 84 per cent from the previous year, making them the leading market for the resort after only Thais, 1.51 million of whom checked into Pattaya hotels last year."

Typical Thai government agency figures. :o

No wonder, I, amongst most people I know don't ever believe anything released by a goverment agency in Thailand. Nothing ever adds up.

Soundman.

Typical Thai government agency figures. :o

No wonder, I, amongst most people I know don't ever believe anything released by a goverment agency in Thailand. Nothing ever adds up.

Soundman.

Yeah, you beat me to it Soundman, 889,656 visited Pattaya and 1.51M checked in to Pattaya hotels last year?

Maybe they were booking 2 rooms each! :D

I've been to the TAT office in Pattaya today and asked. The 277 503 persons are the numbers provided by the immigration. This is the total number of Russians entering the kingdom 2007 including visa runners.

When I asked the TAT official about the gap of 600 000 she said straight, that the TAT Pattaya numbers are false.

And she said why: The TAT Pattaya gets the numbers from the hotels. Every Russian staying in a Pattaya hotel or resort is ONE tourist. If the tourist is going to let's say Rayong for a couple of days and returns to Pattaya, he is ONE MORE tourist. If he's going to Bangkok or Koh Chang or Koh Samet after that and again returning to Pattaya, he is THREE tourists.

The more people like to travel, the more they are counted as NEW arrivals.

To nail her down I asked her: "Can you tell how many Russians came to Pattaya in 2007?"

The answer: "I don't know."

I've been to the TAT office in Pattaya today and asked. The 277 503 persons are the numbers provided by the immigration. This is the total number of Russians entering the kingdom 2007 including visa runners.

When I asked the TAT official about the gap of 600 000 she said straight, that the TAT Pattaya numbers are false.

And she said why: The TAT Pattaya gets the numbers from the hotels. Every Russian staying in a Pattaya hotel or resort is ONE tourist. If the tourist is going to let's say Rayong for a couple of days and returns to Pattaya, he is ONE MORE tourist. If he's going to Bangkok or Koh Chang or Koh Samet after that and again returning to Pattaya, he is THREE tourists.

The more people like to travel, the more they are counted as NEW arrivals.

To nail her down I asked her: "Can you tell how many Russians came to Pattaya in 2007?"

The answer: "I don't know."

Love it. :o:D:D TIT.