Panasonic Aircon

that Aircon bought maybe 2004 works mechanical OK. We slowly felt hot and reduced on the remote control.

Now we are at 16 degree on the setting and maybe 27 in the room. The compressor works maybe 3 min and than brakes 5 min.

I think the sensor might be broken or wet.

I have a good theoretic knowledge on that, but no practice.....

I know there are sensors which increase and decrease resistance with temp.....

Does anyknown know some hints for faster repairing that?

thx

h90

When was the last time you had it cleaned and the gas level checked? This should be done at least once a year, every 6 months is even better.

TH

cleaned approx. 1 month ago, inside and outside part

gas level 1 year, but it is not the gas level as it cools perfect when it cools and the compressor does not overheat. It things at 26-27 degree that it has reached 16 degree.

If it is very hot, it cools perfectly.

There are probably lots of things it *could* be, but one thing to check is the temperature sensor: It often (usually?) is directly in front of the cooling coils. If it gets bent and is too close to the coils it will register a cooler temperature than the ambient air temperature, so cuts the compressor thinking the room air is already cool enough. Maybe you could gently pry it in the direction away from the coils? (I'll add a disclaimer that I don't know how fragile those temperature sensor probes are. I've only read other people talking about adjusting the position of the sensor.)

Another possibility, of course, is mechanical fault: either in the temperature probe or the control unit circuitry. Not sure how you could easily troubleshoot that.

A common issue with Panasonic units is the defrost board requires replacement. I have experienced this before and it costs around 3000-4000 baht. You may also have a gas leak. This is common also especially if your unit was not installed properly in the first place.

Thanks for everyone!

wpcoe: The temp sensor is on top of the cooling heat exchanger in a plastic "condom" which I didn't open yet, maybe moisture went into it.

There is a plastic clip on the heat exchanger which holds the sensor.

youngkiwi: yes there is another sensor, direct connected, it should be the anti-frost. Of course you are right! Thanks for that imput! This sensor could be also the problem. 3000-4000 is not acceptable. The heat exchanger inside (outside looks perfect) looks like it has run 100 years 24/7. They mixes steal copper and aluminum. A new Mitsubishi 9000 BTU costs here at the discounter 9000 Baht+3000 Installation.

Do you have a plan how to shorten the anti-freeze away? A freeze can't happen on that installation, I am sure. Do you know how to short out that board?

thx h90

When was the last time you had it cleaned and the gas level checked? This should be done at least once a year, every 6 months is even better.

TH

gas level 1 year, but it is not the gas level as it cools perfect when it cools and the compressor does not overheat. It things at 26-27 degree that it has reached 16 degree.

You mention that the unit was just "cleaned" about a month ago.

Did this problem start before or after the "cleaning"?

If after then maybe the service people did something to cause this? Or damage something by "accident" or sabotage?

TH

You mention that the unit was just "cleaned" about a month ago.

Did this problem start before or after the "cleaning"?

If after then maybe the service people did something to cause this? Or damage something by "accident" or sabotage?

I am not complete sure, I think it started before. We were on a 25 degree setting and decreased it from time to time but didn't think about it until we were on the minimum of 16 degree. Than I started to think about it.

so I think we had that problem longer, just a month ago we were on 18 degree setting to get 25 in the room.

I did the cleaning myself and I am almost 100 % sure that I did not damage something.

Everything looks OK, no visual damage.