2nd-hand Scooter (mio, Click - Whatever!) Wanted

scooterboy

Hi Guys,

We're moving near to Chiang Mai and I'm looking for a second-hand automatic scooter, nothing fancy, but in good working order and that can get us from A to B.

I presume that there are second-hand shops that sell scooters in CM, but we don't know the town very well. Can anybody suggest the address of a shop that sells decent 2nd-hand automatic scooters (NOT motorbikes with gears! :o ).

Naturally, if you have one for sale yourself, or know someone in the same position, then please let me know :D

Thanks for any help

Cheers

ScooterBoy

Hi Guys,

We're moving near to Chiang Mai and I'm looking for a second-hand automatic scooter, nothing fancy, but in good working order and that can get us from A to B.

I presume that there are second-hand shops that sell scooters in CM, but we don't know the town very well. Can anybody suggest the address of a shop that sells decent 2nd-hand automatic scooters (NOT motorbikes with gears! :o ).

Naturally, if you have one for sale yourself, or know someone in the same position, then please let me know :D

Thanks for any help

Cheers

ScooterBoy

At Meeckoke Plaza on Saturdays, they have a few hundred bikes for sale, with the owners present. On the middle ring road at the Thanon Mae Jo Intersection

Hi!

Hmm...Meeckoke Plaza...sound interesting - many thanks for that piece of info :o

Any idea what time the sellers congregate i.e early morning, late morning, etc? :D as we wouldn't want to come when everybody's gone home again :D

Cheers - and thanks

ScooterBoy

Hi!

Hmm...Meeckoke Plaza...sound interesting - many thanks for that piece of info :o

Any idea what time the sellers congregate i.e early morning, late morning, etc? :D as we wouldn't want to come when everybody's gone home again :D

Cheers - and thanks

ScooterBoy

Hi Scooterboy..They also there on Sunday. Both days most are there from around 8-9 am.Probably best times to go down is mid-late morning for largest choice or around 4 for best deals. I picked up a JRD Storm 125cc automatic 1 1/2 years ago for 16k baht (bartered down from 19k) starts first time everytime never had any problems.

Will be putting on sale early-mid next month for 12k baht as going back to Blighty for 6-12 months.

Hey - Thanks Guys!

Great info and nice to get excellent replies from you all! :o

Sorry, princealbert - I've never been a great fan of JRD's, though have absolutley nothing against them, as such.

I suppose it's much the same with cars - Honda vs Mitsubishi, really. Though 12k sounds very reasonable, I

will admit. :D

Thanks for all your help

Cheers

ScooterBoy