Anyone Familar With 'that Phanom'

corkman

Last time I was there (about 6 months ago) there was a nice, fairly new, "resort" as they call it, down near the river bank in the town. The place had air conditioning, and the rooms were "bungalow" style - like a southern resort type of thing. I'd say there was a dzen rooms or so in total. If memory serves, it was on the corner of one of the small soi's leading onto the main river side road.

Does anyone know the place I'm on about? If so a name would be great - some family are thinkign of coming over, and it seemed like an ideal spot for such ocasions.

Many thanks.

Hi Corkman

The only resort on the Banks of the Mekhong In That Phanom is the Kritsada Resort

The Owner is called SomPop

A very nice place to stay if you would contact details please PM as i dnt think the Board will allow me to post Telephone

numbers for you, I could also Post some Photo,s if required

As you described there are four Bungalows and several other chalet accommodations there

Regards

Shaggs

• 4 weeks later...

corkman,

PM Shaggs2004.

He provided me with a lot of valuable information and I know he will provide you with the same.

I will be visiting That Phanom in January with my wife.

Regards,

Chiefbem

Hi Corkman

The only Resort on the Banks of the Mekong In That Phanom is The Kritsada Resort owned by a

gentleman named Sompop this resort is not new but has been recently updated

My home is on the outskirts of That Phanom if you require any info IE telephone numbers were to go what to see etc

please PM for any details i can help you with

Regards

Shaggs

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Corkman

The only Resort on the Banks of the Mekong In That Phanom is The Kritsada Resort owned by a

gentleman named Sompop this resort is not new but has been recently updated

My home is on the outskirts of That Phanom if you require any info IE telephone numbers were to go what to see etc

please PM for any details i can help you with

Regards

Shaggs

shaggs2004

THanks for the reply - sorry I am so late responding - I have been crazy busy these last few weeks that the holiday has been pushed to the back of my mind for a bit........

I will PM you in due course - if thats ok. My wife is from Keang Kaboa - you've probably heard of it or visited it..... seems to be very popular in the area..... for some reason :o

Many thanks

Corkman

Hi Corkman

No Problem im usually kicking round the board at least once a day

I know Keang Kaboa very well great place for a roasted suckling pig and a beer over looking the Mekong

Pm me any time and i will try to give you what ever info needed

regards

Shaggs

Hi Corkman

No Problem im usually kicking round the board at least once a day

I know Keang Kaboa very well great place for a roasted suckling pig and a beer over looking the Mekong

Pm me any time and i will try to give you what ever info needed

regards

Shaggs

Excellent - thanks Shaggs.

Indeed, a great spot for grub as you say. I've got a house in the village - right opposite the the new church (well, its not that new, but you may know where I mean). When I'm out next time you must call over for a beer and some grub, if you fancy it!

I'll be in touch :o