We are buying some land 4 rai about 9 km out of Hua Hin off of Soi 88 for 2 mill, we have experienced a few issues such as

The land owner told us that there was also someone else buying land and that they would be putting in electric about a month ago this seams to have been forgotten now, how easy is it to put in electric 300 meters off of the main road ??

She will not convert Nor Sor 3 Gor to Chanote Title deed. She will sell it with Nor Sor 3 Gor, what problems that may occur later down the line and what cost might be involved with changing the title ??

Thank in advance, 2 million baht might not sound allot to some but to me is a bit of a hit.

Can I do a search to see who owns a certain piece of land next to mine.

Blackandwhite

I am very comfortable with NS3G and NS3 titles, just depends on your personal situation.

I would say that if you wanted the owner to upgrade to chanote before selling to you, then she would increase the price somewhat.

While I have not upgraded myself, I do not believe it is an expensive or impossible task, I believe the biggest problem is simply the time they take to do it. But if you are sitting on it and living, then no problem to wait a little bit as when it is done, you pretty much immediately get an increase in the value of your land.

If you have or can get a copy of the title, they have listed on them all the title numbers for boundaring properties. You can then search the title number you require. Some land offices will not let individuals do it, some will accept a few hundred baht. Apparently only lawyers are allowed to do this so I was told, but not sure on the strictness of it.

But if you are sitting on it and living, then no problem to wait a little bit as when it is done, you pretty much immediately get an increase in the value of your land.

In practice this 'increase' is already calculated in the prices. Nor Sor Sam Kor is good enough for everything you can do with the land. It is a little bit less acurate but that can be solved by placing markers. Neighbours have 30 days time to dispute it.

To BlackAndWhite

Owning the land is more problematic as a foreigner can not own it now and never be able to own it later.

Do some research on that especially if it is a 'bit of a hit'. Many topics about it.

i suggest the lease topic 30+30+30 and the Usufruct topic.

re. electric. its not difficult , but can be expensive and can take a while.

re. nor sor titles. nothing wrong with them but i think it is worth upgrading to a chanote , once you have a chanote then the boundaries can never be disputed , (useful if you have built walls , structures or fences etc. close to or on the boundary and suddenly a neighbour lays claim to those few feet [or inches] of land , land claim disputes can be petty , expensive and protracted and are much less likely to occur if you have a chanote title) ,

you also get to meet all the other owners whose land abuts yours as they (or their representatives) all have to show up on measuring day.

If you are paying chanote prices for ns3 or ns3g titles....then you an idiot, but up to you.

why is he a idiot. do you know where this land is? my wife has 28 rai, some chanote some nor sor sam gor, no difference in value although chanote is more accurate thats all. if there is any difference in value it small :o

If you are paying chanote prices for ns3 or ns3g titles....then you an idiot, but up to you.

my wife upgrade 2 and a half ria last week and it cost just under 4,000 baht, took about 2 months to complete. also just in the middle of upgrading 6 rai, cost nearly 20,000 but that is because the plot has been cut into 6 different plots already.

• 11 years later...

Bumping this very old thread as looking at a beach front property with this title. The price seems 'too good to be true', so just wanted to ask what scams and pitfalls are out there. 

My wife's family have said that on purchase one wd immediately mark the land with land office and seller present. 

Most importantly I dont want to buy something that down the road we discover a serious illegality which cd impact on my wife's family ie what happened unjustly to a few families in phuket a few yrs back.