Waiting For The Visitor Visa Interview

After going to the embassy to submit her papers and hopefully get the interview same day, GF was told to come back at being number 146, at some stupid early time in the morning. (only 75 visa applications alllowed per day). She was told to submit her application and would be contacted when to come back for the interview. That was the 13th of october. Today 26th of october she was called and told to go for her interview on the 9th of november. 28 days later.

It seems the waitng has now reached the 4 weeks mark. When previously told 2-3 weeks.

All you wanting to apply for a visa do it well in advance. As now i will struggle to get airline tickets close to christmas (want her to come to the uk on the 17th december). Thought i was doing it well in advance, just goes to show what do i know?

Any way fingers crossed for the 9th.

Make some flight booking/s now, doesn't cost anything. Then confirm booking and pay when visa confirmed. e.g. My Thai wife has three flights booked for Australia 7/12/13 November. I must confirm the booking with payment no later than 1/11/04

Make some flight booking/s now, doesn't cost anything. Then confirm booking and pay when visa confirmed. e.g. My Thai wife has three flights booked for Australia 7/12/13 November. I must confirm the booking with payment no later than 1/11/04

Do that Spuds. That'll give you some security that she can fly if a visa issues. Good luck.

I have tried to do that but because its so close to Xmas and every one seems to want to go to thailand for XMas, the airlines wont hold the tickets. I have a deadline of the 29th to confirm my tickets, not much help really as the interview is on the 9TH :o

Will keep you informed of how it goes, this will be the 3rd attempt.

Every other reason for refusal was a load of bol****, (didnt know me long enough after almost 6 months - 1st attempt, 2nd attempt - they said they thought she was coming here to work. (How does any one prove shes not????) How ever this will be the first time she will actually pay for the interview, instead of being advised she wouldnt get it, (at preliminary interview). she is going to insist on a proper interview, win or lose.

Failing this application were going for the fiance visa, as i believe it seems to be easier to obtain.