How To Completley Wipe Out My Pc And Start Again?

funfun

got a pc (just a cheapy) and its been used by customers for approx 2 years last week it had a virus or somthing and wanted help it said, the screen has turned blue with like ants crawling all over it, now where its a screensaver that someones put on or it trying to tell me somthing i dont know?

it was out of cpu or somthing anyway, and its only used for people checking web or emails, not botherd about losing anything on it as personal stuff i have on laptop, customers have been allowed to change and add tool bars colours and everything!

now id really like to just press a reset button but i gues it aint that easy, but thats what im hoping for an easy way to wipe the lot and start again, any help much appreated

cheers

chris

add: its a P&A bought here pattaya in tuk com!

got a pc (just a cheapy) and its been used by customers for approx 2 years last week it had a virus or somthing and wanted help it said, the screen has turned blue with like ants crawling all over it, now where its a screensaver that someones put on or it trying to tell me somthing i dont know?

it was out of cpu or somthing anyway, and its only used for people checking web or emails, not botherd about losing anything on it as personal stuff i have on laptop, customers have been allowed to change and add tool bars colours and everything!

now id really like to just press a reset button but i gues it aint that easy, but thats what im hoping for an easy way to wipe the lot and start again, any help much appreated

cheers

chris

add: its a P&A bought here pattaya in tuk com!

I had a virus on two computers and I just took it to a local computer shop and for about 500 baht they wiped the hard drive and installed new programs. Obviously all legal ones!

I'm in Phuket but I'm sure it'll be the same where you are.

If you have a copy of your OS (Windows) on CD. There is a command option as part of the Windows install to format your drive.

If you format as part of the installation you will start from a clean disk.

You may want to also consider a disk wiping utility. Many "formatting" utilities do not actually write to the full disk. A secure wiping utility may provide you some additional peace of mind. If I were getting a PC (drives) second hand, I would wipe them first thing. Do a search for "disk wipe" and you will find some free utilities. Such as:

http://dban.sourceforge.net/