Pr First Or Marriage Visa To Apply For Citizenship

not long ago a member posted a topic in how he obtained the citizenship,other member in the same topic mentioned a change in the law ( you don't need PR first but marriage visa for 5 years will be ok to apply for citizenship). As any one been lately to the immigration in BKK and ask if this is the case.

I am not quite sure what you mean, but I will have a try. By marriage visa do you mean yearly extensions to the Non-O due to being married to a Thai and meeting the financial requirements for these extensions? I think it you have back to back extensions for x number of years and meet the other requirements (example tax paid) then you may be eligible. I am sure someone else will be able to give you more information.

This topic has been done to death. Do a search and read the posts. If you are a foreign MALE, you DO need to have PR before you can apply for citizenship. You DO NOT have to have held it for 5 years before applying BUT you do need to prove that you have had not less than 5 years of UNINTERRUPTED non-immigrant visas before you can lodge your application. If after reading the posts you are still unsure, go down to the Special Branch in Bangkok.

For a foreign male, marriage to a Thai national is irrelevant vis-a-vis your citizenship application.

This topic has been done to death. Do a search and read the posts. If you are a foreign MALE, you DO need to have PR before you can apply for citizenship. You DO NOT have to have held it for 5 years before applying BUT you do need to prove that you have had not less than 5 years of UNINTERRUPTED non-immigrant visas before you can lodge your application. If after reading the posts you are still unsure, go down to the Special Branch in Bangkok.

For a foreign male, marriage to a Thai national is irrelevant vis-a-vis your citizenship application.

Thanks for the correct info.

For the posts: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=121353

Very enlightening on this subject!